It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Exclamation I am on the last ppi...burning in chest any ideas

I have been on pepcid, nexium, prevacid and acidphex all last about 2 years then stop. There are no more and now my right side of chest just burns so bad! iT IS DEFINETLY FRIEGHTNING-DR'S HAVE NO CLUE FOR SOME REASON, THEY DID AS THEY KEPT CHANGING MY MEDS BUT NOW i WENT THRU THEM ALL.I was on diflucan afew times (can be yeast related-that did not work the last time either).. I have had many tests, they just say esoophogitis, no expl.It is ruing my life, cant really eat or be happy.I keep reading all these articles on tests..etc.. but its like the docotrs have no clue--it is very unsettling. If you do not have a run of the mill problem it is like the dr's become morons! Any one have similar issues? Anyone have ideas? I am on acidpex, nystatin and acidopholis..someone outthere please help me. I live in ny on long island if you know a really good gastro. I do not drink any caffiene or coffe or candies. H.pylori was negative. I did see an alternative dr who is insiting it is h.pylori and B. homminus prasite but my dr. laughed and they do not know how to rid it.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Re: I am on the last ppi...burning in chest any ideas

itburns2004, I have some serious pain @ times with reflux, depending on the day& when & what I eat it can get down right scary, much like a darn heart attack, don't get a huge amount of relief for all the different scripts I have taken, sometimes the rolaids complete helps just as much I swear, I am going to try some of the natural remadies, papaya chewables, the distilled apple cider vinegar(alot of people swear by it, but has to be a certain kind) & other things I have heard of, I did have a doc. tell me on the side to take the acidolphis(not sure spelled right, chewable,kept in fridge,papaya kept in fridge also)& eventually I may not need all these scripts. I never faithfully attempted it but I am going to try, I am on a rather new one Zederid, it does seem to help better then some of the others, but I would some day like to get off the meds, maybe not safe for everyone, in a pinch when it is bad my sister-in-law was in the hospital w/ cancer said she got pains so bad she would double over the nurses brought her plain canada dry or gingerale, she said they would also mix it with prune juice when she got constipated, this was a hospital, she said it worked, so I am going to try that also ,mine acts up in the middle of the night bad,wakes me right up. don't know if any of this is helpful but good luck, I know it is a terrable pain. Sammy

Last edited by sammyo1; 08-22-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

i tried to ****** zedreid-is there another name or different spelling? I.ve been waiting for a new one to emerge, I did not know one did. Also, I know about the vinegar (braggs organic-in a orange bottle), but if you have too much acid it wont work. It is based on that most people with gerd do not have enough acid. I have esopogitis, I really have too much acid. I also heard eating one yellow delicous apple a day helps. I have heard sooo many theories and cures. The dr. has me on some antifungals, which have helped in the past, but who knows, I just know it stinks and the meds make it stink more sometimes.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

itburns2004 the correct spelling is zegerid, I hope you find something that works for you. good luck, Sammy

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User

I've been on Zegerid for about four weeks now and it seems to be helping. Basically it's the same ingredient as Prilosec OTC but with dosage doubled and sodium bicarbonate added. I was previously on Nexium which worked for nearly five years but quit working when I went on antibiotics for a sinus infection in May.

Eating yogurt and taking probiotics seems to be helping too. I'm not completely back to normal, still have to watch what I eat and refrain from eating for three hours before going to bed, but much better than I was just a few weeks ago.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
(female)

Isitjustme2 HB User

Ever had your blood tested for H Pylori?If not that may be the problem.If you havn't had that test ask your doctor for one,H.Pylori can be taken care of with antibiotics!
Also,Try getting yourself a pro-biotic enzyme formula for yor digestive tract,it can do wonders.You get it at almost any health food store or an online store.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-23-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 09-27-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
(female)

fluflapper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by itburns2004 View Post
I have been on pepcid, nexium, prevacid and acidphex all last about 2 years then stop. There are no more and now my right side of chest just burns so bad! iT IS DEFINETLY FRIEGHTNING-DR'S HAVE NO CLUE FOR SOME REASON, THEY DID AS THEY KEPT CHANGING MY MEDS BUT NOW i WENT THRU THEM ALL.I was on diflucan afew times (can be yeast related-that did not work the last time either).. I have had many tests, they just say esoophogitis, no expl.It is ruing my life, cant really eat or be happy.I keep reading all these articles on tests..etc.. but its like the docotrs have no clue--it is very unsettling. If you do not have a run of the mill problem it is like the dr's become morons! Any one have similar issues? Anyone have ideas? I am on acidpex, nystatin and acidopholis..someone outthere please help me. I live in ny on long island if you know a really good gastro. I do not drink any caffiene or coffe or candies. H.pylori was negative. I did see an alternative dr who is insiting it is h.pylori and B. homminus prasite but my dr. laughed and they do not know how to rid it.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 AM   #8
(female)

fluflapper HB User

Hi Itburns, I know how you feel. I too burn & my meds aren't working anymore. I'm going to try Aloe Vera & Slippery Elm. Even Gaviscon Antacid doesn't work it actually makes it worse. Dr's can't handle it when you don't fit into a neat little slot. Try some alternatives like the Aloe Vera/Slippery Elm have blood test for H Pylori (I did two days ago & I'm scheduled for a Barium swallow next week to look for ulcer, hernia etc. Keep us posted on how you're going.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:19 AM   #9
(male)

obune123 HB User
Red face Re: I am on the last ppi...burning in chest any ideas

For many years I have had to live with the heart burn. Sometime it is so severe after eating some sugary food, carries, and mostily after breakfast.
I also get pain in the chest that can almost be confused with a heart attack.
I have visited A&E on many occaisions only after ECG every thing looks normal. Then one day my GP surggested to test me for H.Pylori and the results came out positive a course of combined anti biotics was prescribed after 6 months the Doctor told me I was free from H.Pylori. To certain extent my symptoms improved but I had to be careful with what I eat.
In what I can only term as great luck one day my cousin came to see our new born baby. While she was having lunch with us I notice she took a full glass of water before food. When I asked her she simply said, never drink liquids afer food because it may cause a reflux from that day on I have followed her advice and my acid reflux have gone.

Closed Thread