It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
(male)

lbb87 HB User
Drinking through a straw

I recently read tons of contradicting information about drinking through a straw. Some health websites say drinking through a straw is bad because you swallow more air. Other health websites say that drinking through a straw is good because you swallow less air. Does anyone know for a fact which is true? I'm tempted to call up Mythbusters with this one.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Drinking through a straw

Well it can't be that hard to test yourself. Get a straw and test it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Drinking through a straw

Way back when....I was told not to drink with a straw.....or drink from a water fountain......or chew gum. Sure there's some others. Now, I'm told to drink thru a straw and to chew gum after eating! It's no wonder we stay so confussed on what to do. Drinking with a straw is good to protect acid from your teeth period and I promise you acid reflux will ruin your teeth. I spent a fortune on implants due to the enamel on my teeth being ruined.

Charla

Closed Thread