It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2007, 07:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Why Cabbage causing reflux?

I've been doing pretty well reducing my acid reflux while sleeping on a slant. Yesterday I ate cabbage, I woke up in the middle of the night with the acid shooting up into my throat. It hasn't happened like that in awhile. I read today on some sites that cabbage is good for acid reflux and on other sites that cabbage is bad for acid reflux. Can somebody please tell me how cabbage can make acid reflux worse? How can that be? Obviously cabbage has no effect on the muscle in the stomach so what is it doing that is making my reflux go crazy when I sleep? I'm at a loss on this one. I ate it at 7:30PM and went to sleep at midnight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Why Cabbage causing reflux?

I would have thought cooked cabbage would be good for you. I know that lettuce is hard to digest and sometimes I can take one bit and it feels like it went up my nose. Cabbage must be hard to digest also. What's frustrating is to be able to eat something one time and be fine then the next time it kills you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Why Cabbage causing reflux?

Yeah, I ate it again last night but made sure I ate it a couple hours earlier and I was fine. I would guess that I'm not digesting my food quick enough and thats why I get acid when I sleep, only thing is if you have that condition your suppose to feel full real quick, I never feel full, I could eat day and night.

Closed Thread