It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
(female)

ngalyssa HB User
Sometimes i have breathing difficulties and my chest feel tight what is it?

Sometimes i have breathing difficulties and my chest feel tight what is it?

Old 10-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
(female)

Kellir HB User
Re: Sometimes i have breathing difficulties and my chest feel tight what is it?

Are those youre only symptoms? You need to elaborate a little more. I have those symptoms also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
(female)

stimi3ak HB User

That is actually my main symptom. It happens for me when I reflux back into my lungs. I have 3 sphincters which are not working properly from the base of my throat to the top of my stomach. They are allowing the acid to go up further and splash onto my lungs.

I also have gastritis, esophagitis, a hiatal hernia and IBS. All of these cause swelling which pushes up against my diaphragm and that also causes shortness of breath.

Have you had an endoscopy or pH Probe done yet? Both of these helped determine my issues.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

Ugh, my chest has been feeling tight all day, especially when I woke up. This is a new symptom that I have. Then I had like a itching or weakness feeling in my chest, especially after I ate a small meal today. Didnt you say that means you healing on the inside?

Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
(female)

stimi3ak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar2007 View Post
Then I had like a itching or weakness feeling in my chest, especially after I ate a small meal today. Didnt you say that means you healing on the inside?

Hi Gar,

Yes, my doctor did tell me this was the inside healing. However because my problem is so bad right now I keep refluxing more and more so I continued to have the tight chest.

Just stay away from your trigger foods. Take your medicine like you are supposed to. Do not skip any and try to relax. I know that's easier said than done but stress/anxiety makes reflux worse. That is why I decided to take the anti-anxiety medication. I couldn't control anxiety on my own and my reflux was getting really bad.

Chest tightness is also a sign of anxiety. I know you had a stressful weekend in anticipation of your procedure so that might have had something to do with it.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:47 AM   #6
(male)

Gar2007 HB User

Actually, I just got off the phone with my GI and they are going to take me on Weds. morning bright and early at 6:30 a.m for the endoscopy!!!! I will be so glad when all of this is over. I played video games last night and it got my mind off of this for a while.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User

I had severe reflux for years and what cured me (yes, cured) was Pine Nut Oil. Im not allowed to post links on this board for whatever reason (according to the rules) but do a search in a popular search engine and use the words, "natural cure" or "natural" plus "heal gastritis"... something like that.

Ive been taking Pine Nut Oil for 2 years now -- more a maintenance dose after the first few months -- and my reflux continues to be non-existant. I can drink a can of tomato soup and go to bed and not get the reflux. I do notice if I stop the Oil that within a couple of weeks I will start getting symptoms again... so then I may step up the dose from maintenance to regular for a week or so.... til symptoms again disappear.

I had breathing problems, severe laryngeal/pharyngeal reflux where my vocal cords were bathed in the nasty acid.... hoarseness so annoying that I had to loudly grate my throat daily and often.... sore throats, bouts of laryngitis, gas and bloating, burping, anxiety from all the annoying symptoms.... chest weirdness... burning.... swallowing difficulties, pain, etc.

All GONE. Went off all meds, OTC and Rx, within a few weeks of starting the Pine Nut Oil.

I wish everyone could take it and get the same results as I had. I was a step away from surgery, at (then) age 30. Im totally fine now and the quality of life is a lot beter without all those nasty and uncomfortable symptoms, thats for sure!

Btw, i dont work for a Pine nut oil company or have anything to do with the one I order mine from. Just I found an awesome product that really works! And want to share that, peace...

FarmGirl

Old 10-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
(female)

CHALUPA HB User

HI FARMGIRL,
The breathing problem i have all day from the minute i open my eyes to the minute i close them. I also have the chest pain and tightness. I am allergic to nuts do you think i can still have the pine nut oil and if so where do i get it?? I will try anything i have a family to take care of and i am only a 34 year old women. I feel like this has destroyed my life.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #9
(female)

Texas Tomato HB User

Hi, Farm Girl --

Do you think that eating pine nuts would help, like on a salad? Or does it have to be the oil? Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm willing to try just about anything. I used to be so skeptical of the home remedies.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #10
(female)

I'm honestly not sure about the nuts.... I never tried those. The oil I use is from off the Internet and is expensive but WELL WORTH it!

Please look into it. I wish we could put links in here, I dont know why we cant??

Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #11
(female)

serenityls HB User

Wow Farmgirl. I am trying to find info on ordering this now and if it would help I would be forever grateful!! I have (as so many others here) been suffering with this God awful reflux (LPR) in the worst possible way since May! Every single day even while taking HUGE amounts of medicines both prescribed and OTC and STILL having trouble. I'm going to try pine nuts until I order and receive the oil.

Thanks so much for sharing. (I'll post an update on how it worked for me)

Old 10-23-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
(female)

Yes, i was able to go off ALL Rx meds (I was on my 4th one for Reflux) and also ALL OTC meds... i used to keep a bottle of liquid Maalox in my car and a baggie of TUMS in my purse at all times.... in addition to a bottle also of TUms, in the car.... i didnt realize just how much it impacted my life until the problem was gone. The stuff was like a miracle for me and i hope for you and others too!! I had a BAD bad case and its been totally gone....
I noticed a different within just a few days, too, not like weeks and weeks.

God bless!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-24-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:34 PM   #13
(female)

serenityls HB User

I do this also. Liquid Maalox is always in my car, a huge Tums bottle follows me everywhere (even to bed!) I am on the third medication change. Currently prilasec40mg twice per day as well as Zantac 300mg before bed. Still I choke.

Thanks again.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-24-2007 at 05:36 PM.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:12 AM   #14
(female)

stimi3ak HB User

How do you eat this pine nut oil? Do you pour it over your rice or veggies? Or do you drink it from a cup? I'm willing to try anything at this time too. Do you know if there are any long term effects from drinking pine nut oil?

THANKS!

Old 10-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #15
(female)

I pour it into a teaspoon and just drink it. Its fine... doesnt have some awful taste or anything. i just drink it and chase it, with that full glass of water, no big deal.

I dont believe it interacts with anything.

Only long term affects i know of are WAY IMPROVED digestive health! You would think i work for the company that makes this stuff but I dont!

Last edited by moderator2; 10-24-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Closed Thread