It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Tickling deep in throat while talking turns into coughing fit and eye watering

Does anyone else here get this? I will be feeling fine and talking then suddenly will get a tickle like a feather on my tonsil. I will then start coughing uncontrollablly. Until my eye start watering and I cant talk. Takes about a 1/2 hour to feel normal again. Could this be from acid reflux creeping up?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: Tickling deep in throat while talking turns into coughing fit and eye watering

Hi again,

As mentioned earlier, I get this exact same thing. I never feel it coming. It just happens, out of the blue. I usually start choking. It's terrible. People get concerned, asking if I am allright. Like you, I have to stop talking - it would be impossible, anyway - and wait for the choking (coughing sometimes) to stop. I wish it would go away. I didn't do anything to have caused it. The only factor I can think of as a possible contributor or a direct cause of my problems are my medications.

flowergirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Re: Tickling deep in throat while talking turns into coughing fit and eye watering

Flowergirl Wow sounds like you have the same problem as me. What medications do u take? What has the doctor told you it is? So far it looks like Gerd and Lpr for me.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Hi,

I have GERD & a hiatal hernia as far as I know. The doctor does not know about these symptoms yet. I last saw him 3 months ago. At that time I had just been diagnosed with both of the above. The only GI problem I had THEN (before the medication) was almost constant nausea. The PPI has helped with that somewhat. I still have the nausea but also short periods without it. The only problem is, my GERD symptoms - or whatever the heck it is - while non-existent before, are driving me insane now! I wonder if the PPI could be causing them. I am also on a bunch of other meds, but have been on those for a year without the GI symptoms I have now. Go figure.
I am seeing the doctor again in a week. I wonder what he will say. I will mention my symptoms to him. We'll take it from there. I hope he does not recommend taking the Nexium TWICE a day instead of just once. It's expensive enough as it is. I pay more than two dollars for each pill. Most of my other meds are expensive, too. But I have to take those. I now question my need for the Nexium and wonder if it could be making me so sick instead of helping.

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 12-05-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

I have had this many times- no one can understand it unless they have lived it!
My throat is so sensitive, and I have one very sore spot that everything seems to set this one spot off, starting with a tickle then tears coughing choking- etc.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

*******- What does the doctor say yours is from?

Closed Thread