It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Could Aciphex be my problem???????????

HI everyone,
I have IBS-C and GERD. (the joys of being 52 hah). Since the day after Thanksgiving I have been having nightmare stomach gurgling, bloating and pain. As the day progresses, it gets worse. It got so bad I went to the ER (what a waste of time). I started SINGULAIR for my allergies, so it just occurred to me it could be that since a side effect is stomach pain, that I should quit taking it. I did quit and I still am having bad stomach pain, so now I am wondering it its the Aciphex. In Sept. I had an upper endoscopy and they found Grade A esophagitis. Dr. gave me Aciphex and I took it for about 3 weeks, and only had a problem the first few days with stomach ache. Well, my insurance then told me they wouldnt cover Aciphex until I tried all the other CHEAPER PPIs. So I tried Prilosec, Protonix, and one other common one I cannot recall the name. Every one of them gave me worse constipation from hell, bloating, and stomach issues. Since I already have IBS-C, you can imagine the fun I had for that 3 week period when I was trying all these. Well then the insurance said they WOULD cover the Aciphex because my Dr. told them I HAD to have that PPI. So, now after trying all those other PPIs, I have never been the same. All my pain is in the upper GI area, not the lower. GURGLING like I never have heard in my life. Feel like I should be passing gas a lot but do not. Bloating like I am pregnant. Could the Aciphex be the cause???? I am so mad at myself because I took one this morning and THEN starting put 2 nd 2 together about this. So I will end up having yet another day of stomach problems (worse than the usual IBS-C ones, which isnt that bad, usually. I take Milk of Magnesia everynight (for the last 5 yrs) and never before has it been a problem. I appreciate any help you can give me because this is a nightmare and its hard on a marriage, too. (if you know what I mean!).
Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
(male)

Aaronmac5 HB User
Re: Could Aciphex be my problem???????????

Hey. From my experiences Ive been on 5 different meds for anti acids and all have come with different side effects. They seem to work different for everyone if after everytime you take Aciphex you get worse continualy throughout the day with no relief you should go to your doctor and ask him if you can be put on a differnt med. Another thing you could try is stop taking the aciphex for a few days and try Zantac 75 or 150. They are over the counter so no prescription necc.

If the Zantac helps then you know your problem without seeing the doctor =]

Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SKZ HB User
Re: Could Aciphex be my problem???????????

Well, I did figure out it is called DYSPEPSIA. Its getting old already. Thanks for the help!

Closed Thread