It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
(female)

cl84 HB User
Plugged ears

One of the most annoying and painful symptoms I experience is ear pain and pressure. My ears, mostly the left, often feel plugged and the eustatian tube feels blocked. Sometimes it feels as if something is draining, especially when I tilt my head. They also burn even on the outside. Everytime the dr. looks in my ears he says everything looks fine. I also had a hearing test that I passed with flying colors.

Any thoughts?

Old 12-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
(female)

Janster HB User
Re: Plugged ears

Are you sure you don't have a cold or are sick? Sinus infection?

Do you experience any titiness or whooshing in your ears?

Do you have a history of allergies?

Are you experiencing sinus problems - post nasal drip etc?

When you took a hearing test- what were they comparing it to?

Sorry for all the questions - but ear problems can be a wide range of anything. I had hearing problems in my left ear and had surgery. It's been 2 years and my left is almost always clogged. It'll pop open from time to time. It's been popping open more often since I've been on acid reflux & asthma medications which tells me my sinuses and/or allergies/post nasal drip have caused my e-tube to clog. But who knows....I've got follow-up appointments with a variety of doctors including the surgeon who did my surgery 2 years ago.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Plugged ears

I never had problems with my sinus or ears until the GERD. Never had allergies either. I do believe they can all be connected to GERD/LPR but I think there's other reasons too. Personally, I feel mine are LPR related and I hate that plugged ear feeling or shots of pain in my ears all at once. I truly believe the LPR has caused me to have hearing problems and know it caused the dental problems. My allergist even said he thinks the reason I've lost my sense of smell is due to the LPR. I can feel it go all the way into my sinus at times and he say's it's damaged nerves. I can't smell even when I'm well and not stopped up. Which, isn't very often I'm sorry to say.

Charla

Closed Thread