It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
(female)

ryleetn HB User
Red face nervous breakdown

I swear I think I am on the verge of a breakdown. I have been having dull pains in the center of my chest for a couple of years, had all the heart tests done ended up on zantac, which did nothing, was sent to a gastro doc who gave me prevacid which still didn't do alot, ended up in ER with chest pain again, did another stress test, monitored me for 24 hours said they think it is gastro related. Now back at the dr. who told me to change to prilosec 2 a day. Well last weekend I caught a stomach bug which gave me diherrea for 2 days went back to ER they gave me IV fluids and something for nausea which she said should stop the diherrea and it did. But every since, I have had terrible gnawing in my stomach like I am starved, yesterday that stopped and my chest and back started hurting so bad movement hurt, so when I left work last night I used muscle rub thinking it was something like that. This morning I woke up feeling kinda ok but now the pain is back in my chest it just kinda moves around in the center and almost feels crampy!!!!
Please if anyone knows what I am going through post back. I am at work and on the verge of a panic attack.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vanessa74 HB User
Re: nervous breakdown

I get the 'crampy chest feeling' -- ALL the time. Sometimes mine is in my upper chest and back, sometimes lower chest and back, sometimes right in the middle. But it is almost constant... Mine makes it hard to breath.

If all your heart tests have come back good (as mine have) - then I would believe it is Acid/GERD as I believe mine is.

Perhaps you need to try a stronger PPI (nexium, etc.) - I too am still searching for the right one to help - and I have modified my diet/lifestyle.

It is very frightening and unnerving though because it does move around and is always there.

I hope you feel better soon.

Vanessa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
(female)

Stitcher317 HB User

I had the same symptoms, especially the discomfort in my back. Turned out to be my gall bladder. Had that removed and all the pains went away.

Just a suggestion.

Feel better soon...

Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

rylee,

so sorry you are suffering so. There must be something that will help eventually. Keep an open mind. The doctors are NOT always right!

FG

Old 02-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
(female)

ryleetn HB User

I was so stressed with the pain last night, I ended up back in the ER, and was told that I have chest wall inflammation. The doc pressed on the bottom of my breast bone and it felt as if it were broke. I don't know what to believe anymore, I am still going for the upper endoscopy on Tuesday to see what that says.

Closed Thread