It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
Frequent burping always produces GER. No other symptoms.

I find that I burp quite frequently during the day. Maybe every couple of minutes or so. It happens when I stretch, when I get up. Almost with every movement. This might be a little exaggerated, but it seems like it. And I've noticed that most burps produce non-acidic GER. Even after drinking water, I will burp for quite a while after, and water will come up almost every time. When I burp, I notice a bubble or fullness in my lower esophagus.

Is this normal? I read that having up to 50 GER episodes per day is a normal physiological process (mostly after meals). But in my case, it seems more than that, even when my stomach is empty.

I'm worried because I only started realizing this might be a problem, but it's been happening since I can remember. I'm only 30 years old. I don't want to have Barrett's esophagus at my age! Please reassure me!

I don't know if it's LPR. I do clear my throat quite often, but I wouldn't say that it's irritated or anything. Anyway, my doctor gave me Nexium, but it doesn't help the burping or reflux.

I'm being told it's all in my head. My wife is sick and tired of my worrying about getting Barrett's at my young age. She said that I'm acting like a paranoid kid and told me to grow up. She doesn't know what it's like to have health anxiety and to be afraid of dying.

All these statistics are going off in my head and they're driving me crazy. I'm scared to go to the doctor because I don't want to be told that I have Barrett's and that I will have a 1% chance per year of developing esophageal cancer. Over a 40 year period, I don't like those odds.

Do I have anything to worry about, or am I just burping? Remember, no hoarseness, no throat pain. Just a feeling of stuff coming up with almost every burp. I'm analysing every burp now. Please reassure me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread