It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
(female)

tlily HB User
ENT scope through the nose

I have been suffering from Gerd for a long time. It has gotten a little better but now I have all the LPR symptoms to. I will be going to my gastro doc in a couple of weeks. I am afraid he may send me to an ENT to get the scope through your nose. I have had the other scope 2 times and believe me I was putting that off for a long time.

I was wondering if they give you some meds for the scope through the nose like the other scope. I am so afraid of having that test. Could they do both scopes while I am sedated?

Thank you in advance for any answers. I am so afraid that I will have to be scoped through the nose.

tlily

Old 03-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
(female)

yeahzach3 HB User
Re: ENT scope through the nose

Tilly,

Don't worry about the scope through the nose by the ENT, that is easy. They spray an antisthetic up your nose and after a few minutes you can feel it go down the back of your throat a little bit. Then they just insert a thin tube up your nose and down the back of your throat. You can feel a little of the pressure, but it's not a painful feeling. The only problem I had was when the Dr. wanted me to swallow while it was in the back of my throat and I couldn't do it at first, I think I was scared that he was going to let me swallow the tube, but that is not the case. He just wanted to see that everything looks okay when you swallow. He's only in there for about a minute and he can even make it touch where you were describing the burning or something stuck sensation, whichever you may have. Then that can help him. When he's done he just pulls the tube out. He went up my right nostril because he said my left one the sinuses are larger and a little more aggravated and he didn't want me to be uncomfortable. When they pull the tube out more than likely your eye on the same side the tube goes in will water, but other than that, there was really nothing to it. I go back tomorrow and I don't really want to have it done again, but if he does, it really isn't painful or panicky. I just couldn't get an appointment while my 6 yr. old is in school, so I am going to have him with me, so hopefully I can get in and out.

Anyway, don't worry about that test it really isn't bad and they get it over with very quickly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

Lynn8 HB User

Tilly:
I had it done a few years ago. At first I was afraid too, but really I didn't feel anything. The ENT sprayed something in my nose to numb it, then he put that tiny tube in, and I noticed everytime he told me to say "eeeeee" he pushed that tube further. He did that a couple of times and that's about it.
Afterwards there was no pain at all.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
(female)

yeahzach3 HB User

Tilly,

Hello again, Just letting you know I went back to my ENT today and sure enough he did the scope through the nose. It was over so fast I hardly noticed it. I forgot about the part lynn said about having to say "eeeeeee" while he does it.

Just don't worry about the procedure it's painless and it's good to have your mind at ease, because you know if your Dr. does this procedure, he is getting a good look at all areas of your throat.

Good luck and again don't worry. Have a great spring break.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
(female)

tlily HB User

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies and support. I go to the gastro in 2 weeks and see what he has to say. He may scope and then send me to the ENT. I will have to wait. I still feel quizzy when thinking about it. But your replies did help.

I am so sick of this reflux. I just wish that we would all feel better and it was not so complicated as it is. Had a terrible night last night with my throat burning and cough. I had the regular stomach burning Gred for many years and now it seems to have taking the LPR type.

Anyone have a switch over and back to the different types?

tlily

Closed Thread