It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

tigger2211 HB User
GERD+heart palps=Gastrocardiac Syndrome?!

I, for one, refused to go to the doctor to be given the run-around because those medical "professionals" didn't know what was wrong with me and to be told to take antacids and be sent home. Over the past year or so, I KNOW my heart palpatations are due to trapped gas. Which is also a part of the whole digestion issue. Too many doctors say that there is no connection between the two, but I disagree.

I found a condition called "Gastrocardiac Syndrome", FINALLY. Please, if you are experiencing heart palpatations and have been told that your heart is "fine" AND you suffer from digestive problems such as GERD, acid reflux disease, etc....check out Gastrocardiac syndrome and see if it describes what you are going through. There are some homeopathic medicines for this condition, but I've yet to come across any prescribed medications for this. I just found this out this afternoon and have more research to do, but I just wanted to share this with everybody and encourage you too, to look into it. This "stomach/heart thing", thats what I call it, lol, is driving me NUTS and ruining my life! I just want it to go away.

Last edited by tigger2211; 03-18-2008 at 10:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
(male)

dannyp HB User
Re: GERD+heart palps=Gastrocardiac Syndrome?!

Have you tried a nitro spray to help with the pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Tigger,

thanks for that info. It is much appreciated. My biggest fear is that cardiac pain is being mistaken for GERD chest pain. I get several different types of chest pain. I doubt they can all be attributed to GERD as my doctor would have me believe. I can't wait to find out more about the gastrocardiac syndrome. thanks for sharing.

flowergirl

Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
(female)

tigger2211 HB User

I don't feel any pain. Right at the top of my stomach, I get a fluttery feeling, and sometimes, pressure in that area makes my heart race. And its all due to gas being trapped there. As long as I can pass it, it is okay. SO frustrating!!! Sometimes all I have to do is lift my arm up, and if it pulls my stomach in anyway and there is gas in there, BOOM, I get a palpitation. I've tried umpteen gas aids, acid reducers, laxatives, change in diet, you name it and nothing seems to make it go away. Its destroying my life! With this gastrocardiac syndrome, they are acknowledging that stomach problems and heart issues DO have a connection! After too many doctors saying that there is no connection at all. Please share anymore information you can find on this condition. Thanks for the responses guys!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
(female)

clasact1956 HB User

I am wondering if this is the same problem I have. It feels like there are bubbles in my chest. I then feel like I can't get a full breath of air and sometimes I get light headed and bloated. I am going for an endoscopy to see whats going on. I hope I can get some answers as I am afraid that its something more serious and its driving me crazy too. I can't sleep and everything I eat gives me this problem.....

D

Closed Thread