It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #1
(male)

nchang58 HB User
Acid reflux sore throat for ~ 3 years, anyone like me?

I have suffered acid reflux sore throat for ~ 3 years, have tried various methods, but no cure. Also at the begining of acid reflux , I noticed that there was a small red patch skin at my knee, which has turned out as psoriasis. Anyone in this board has the same situation like me? The thing really hurts me is acid reflux. I am in40's, always think how many years to go in my rest life....

Old 03-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

serenityls HB User
Re: Acid reflux sore throat for ~ 3 years, anyone like me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchang58 View Post
I have suffered acid reflux sore throat for ~ 3 years, have tried various methods, but no cure. Also at the begining of acid reflux , I noticed that there was a small red patch skin at my knee, which has turned out as psoriasis. Anyone in this board has the same situation like me? The thing really hurts me is acid reflux. I am in40's, always think how many years to go in my rest life....
Hi,

I have had it for nearly one year now. There are a few people on this board who have had it for many years though. I did not notice red patch but I have noticed joint pain which I thought might be a side effect of the PPI's. Have been on double some triple medications of: Aciphex, Nexium, Prislosec Zantac, and now Prilosec. So far, none have made this stop but it has gotten better off and on.

Also, I was told that because I am not responding to medication treatment then I am not a candidate for surgery (would not be successful). So for now it is basically a medicinal trial and error type of thing.

Yes, I also worry about how long this will last! I am becoming a recluse. Not willing to go to movies, dinner with friends etc for fear of having these God awful coughing/choking episodes.

Lately I've developed a sort of pressure on lower left abdomen which the gastro thinks is unrelated and will wait to see if it becomes any more bothersome before testing further.

You know? All this began when I stopped smoking (I think it was a result of using Chantax medication) I should never have stopped!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Jo332a HB User

Hi,
I have had Guttate psoriasis, a type that youngsters get. Very small patches, about the size of the tip of the thumb, all over the abdo & legs. I was plastered with them. Some patches did spread into each other, and I had to wear slacks to hide the state of my skin. It was dreadful.
It started after several doses of antibiotics for a chest infection.
This was also the start of my problems with GERD, except no one realised it.
It was acid reflux which caused the chest problem.
My Doc after many treatments found the answer ..... and the psoriasis cleared.
8 years later I still have the problems with reflux etc and the prospect of surgery, however I spotted a small area of psoriasis on the front of my Rt leg , mid calf last month. So far its static. I am keeping a very careful eye on it.
I think this time its stress that could be the cause. Although I did have antibiotics for H.pylori a few months ago.
I was in my 50s when mine started. As for medications I have had various PPI's, Ranitidine, and Gaviscon by the bucket, plus mastic capsules etc etc etc..
Jo.

Last edited by Jo332a; 03-28-2008 at 11:39 AM.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User

Hello,

Quote:
It started after several doses of antibiotics for a chest infection.
This was also the start of my problems with GERD, except no one realised it.
It was acid reflux which caused the chest problem. My Doc after many treatments found the answer ..... and the psoriasis cleared.
thanks for posting. Not enough people realize that prescription drugs can cause this awful condition. There are other drugs besides the antibiotics that can cause terrible stomach problems. If you don't mind me asking, what was the answer your doctor found that cured your skin problems?

Dermatological problems have got to be the number one side effect of prescription medications. So many medications cause them. One of my books has a table with skin conditions listed and the medications that cause them. It is an incredibly long list. How is a person on multiple meds supposed to cope with skin problems caused by the meds? As soon as one rash clears up, another rash appears.
I also had one small patch of reddened skin next to my hairline on my forehead for months. It never did anything. It's finally gone now.
I hope your rash doesn't come back.

flowergirl

Old 03-29-2008, 01:02 AM   #5
(female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

Yes, I had a sore throat from acid reflux for years (my only symptom). Finally I have been on Nexium for 6 months and I am getting relief from the sore throat and choking issues.
{Funny thing is} I just noticed I have two rough spots on my knees the size of a quarter, in the exact same place on both knees!
Hummmmm??????

Old 03-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #6
(male)

Davis28 HB User

I have had acid reflux off and on and I noticed that I when I eat healthy and execrise I do not have it. When I slack off and eat my favorite foods I get it.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Jo332a HB User

Sorry flowergirl , I have tried to recall the name of the ointment.......
but just cant. It was so long ago when I used it.
Fingers crossed the Psoriasis does not return.......
Never been troubled with it till that out break.
I certainly dont want it again.
Jo,

Old 03-31-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
(male)

nchang58 HB User

Hi to all:
I did not track with my post for a few days since I did not see any follow up initially. So psoriasis has something to do with acid reflux, in another word, human immune system has something to do with digestive system. Wish best for you all!

Closed Thread