It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

mahoneyjunk HB User
Any tips on starting vitamins again?

Hello, I'm new. I've been dealing with reflux (or versions of it) for about a year now. I finally had a scope last month and while I do have signs of reflux, I do not have a damage (i.e. ulcer, etc...). My biggest issue at this point is the dull nausea. Prilosec did not really help. My GI doc put me on Prevacid and I felt better, but guess what I did? Went back to no no foods and drink (COFFEE makes me happy). Then I ran out and my pharmacy refilled it with the ones that disolve on your tongue? I swear, maybe I'm worng, but the dissolve ones did not seem to work as well as the capsule. I tried to switch back, but found out my insurance would not cover the capsules. So, my GI put me on Protonix. I'm on day three and feeling better. Here's my question. I really feel like I need to get back on taking vitamins. I feel drained and a bit rundown. Nothing like low level nausea to bum you out. I see ascorbic acid (Vit C) and want to run for fear of irritation? Anyway, any tips on restarting some vitamins? Thanks! Sylvia

Old 03-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

FLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB UserFLFLOWERGIRL HB User
Re: Any tips on starting vitamins again?

Glad you are feeling better. I can relate to how you are feeling too. I recently started to take vitamins again due to my anemia. I am having malabsorption due to long tern use of PPI's and have to take iron now daily. So, to help me with rebuilding blood cells I've started taking prenatal vitamins twice a day. The type that I found are called One Source, they are small and do not upset my stomach as others due. I have never taken vitamins much becuse they all make me ill. I have had great success with these. Another thing that I recently discovered that others may already know, is that you can divide a one dose vitamin into two and take that twice a day with food. I read that when taken with food that they absorb better, I would have thought opposite. That's it for my two cents! Good luck to you. FLFLOWERGIRL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
(female)

mahoneyjunk HB User
Re: Any tips on starting vitamins again?

Thanks FlowerGrl. I will def take with food. Good point. Spliting in half another great idea.

Closed Thread