It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
(male)

azgard HB User
excessive burping and acid burning while laying down

over the past couple days i have had a problem with excessive burping and burning my my stomach and throat. over the years i used to very seldom get any burning in my throat or stomach maybe once every 3-5 months. This problem started 2 days ago with just burning stomach and burning in my throat after eating some pepperoni slices.

The next day i started feeling crappy like i was getting flu stuffy head and my throat began to hurt and back of my mouth and upper throat felt dry and hurt when i ate or swallowed or opaned my mouth wide. That night i went to bed and started feeling sick my mouth was all watery and i my stomach was noisy like it was growling and each tiem it did this i got air going up my thougat and i was burping excessivly and i got a few burps of acid that burned alot at the back of my throat. i was up all night i kept having to spit as my mough would fill this mucousy spit. that morning my throat hurt alot stomach was better until i ate some fish sticks and french fries and i was laying on the couch and it started again burning in stomach and the feeling of alot of air moving from my stomach up my throat as a burp.

anyone konw what this is could be. i dont often get sick i have not been so sick i had to stay in bed in more then 10 years and im 24 now. anytime i get the flu i get stuffy runny nose and achy within hours its gone i have never had this stomach problem before and i have never thrown up becouse of sickness since i was little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2008, 04:38 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: excessive burping and acid burning while laying down

Sounds like acid reflux.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
(male)

azgard HB User

is acid reflux something that will keep getting worse. i used to rarely ever get it maybe once every few months lately its happening more usually not very significant except this past couple days.

Old 04-07-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
(male)

curly2709 HB User

Its a horrible feeling isn't it. My doctor suggested a product called "Mucogel" which has been a great help for me.

Closed Thread