It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
(male)

angus1234 HB User
when I wake up I have mucus resting in my throat

when I wake up I have mucus resting in my throat... also when doing exercise or eating alot I also get tense muscles in the throat at times.. I tried Nexium for Acid Relux,, I felt there was nothing and went to Somac 40mg. It started to work after a month. My acid reflux can't be felt and I believed at a stage that the Thick White glue like mucus was not connected to it, and also I found large amounts of doctors are not very educated when it comes to acid reflux at all.
After I thought I was cured which took a while, meaning; I could swallow again and not have annoying white mucus chocking me up, I thought, I must be cured and I never had acid reflux. After 2 days of stopping Somac, I began to experience my symptoms again.
Now that is proof that I have acid reflux to myself. Yet what is very very frustrating is Doctors have not told me (and I've been to alot) of what can happen with Acid Reflux. It seems that some people have acid reflux and its no problem for them, they don't get that glue white mucus. But after seeing so many posts of people who have been confused like me, "is it acid reflux or allergy?,, why the hell can't my doctor explain?? or warn me of other effects of Acid Reflux,, why can't they tell me how its connected...)..
So many of us with Acid Reflux are doubting because Doctors are not doing their Job correctly,, just giving someone a Pill won't work, especially if you believe in the Placebo effect.
Anyway, I'm back on the Somac 20mg,, and things are seemingly curving back to my way again.
So has anyone else had this same experience and have they also felt the same frustration I have had ? Please tell.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
(female)

girlie77 HB User
Re: when I wake up I have mucus resting in my throat

hi , I know how you feel! I have been having the mucus in throat problems since dec and my gps dont know what is causing it. My symptoms are mucus in throat which sometimes comes out but not always. bad taste in throat and tight feeling sometimes in throat. What are yours? Do you think this could be reflux?
Girlie77

Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: when I wake up I have mucus resting in my throat

I've got the same thing going on. I have never had it like this before. Before I would get heartburn occassionally. Now my throat feels tight and swollen down in there. Mucus is gathering in my throat. I have to keep clearing my throat. Ugh! Then the burning. Down in there and coming back up. When I eat anything it feels like it is scraping on its way down. Ouch! I hate this. I am on generic zantac. I wasn't taking enough. Called to get into the doc to confirm all this. She can't see me until next week. She told me to get prilosec over the counter. Anyone doing well on that?? Please let me know. Thanks!

Closed Thread