It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Stomach problems, then LPR, 3 tests what next, when do I get answer?

I have been suffering from belching, stomach burning, and pains like stabbing pains in the upper stomach, and it all started last August. My First GI scoped me twice, first time it was gastritis, H-pylori positive, which was eradicated successfully(tested from biposy,and breath test), second gasteroscopy, was erosive duodenotis, but both times biopsy did not confirm gastritis. the first GI kept switching PPIs, but I wanted to know what is wrong. Changed GIs, but when this one scoped(both endoscopy, and gasteroscopy) said everything looked fine, but that's because I was on Nexium and carafate. Then he did capsule endoscopy, which he said looked OK, but meanwhile, my throat is also having problems ENT said it is because of acid, and diagnosed me with LPR, and increased nexium to 80mg. GI said since he hasn't found anything he doesn't think my body is producing that much acid. But we all know our bodies, and I know that by increasing my nexium to 80mg symptoms got better and when I cut back to 40mg they got worst again. Now GI said I can have PH-metry test.
How good is this test, and what other test can determine stomach acid. I am getting really concerned that they can't get to the bottom of this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User
Re: Stomach problems, then LPR, 3 tests what next, when do I get answer?

Try domoperidone 10mg three times a day, it tightens the sphicter on the osophagous and speeds gastric emptying.... that plus a PPI could make the difference... no script needed, avaliable over the counter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Re: Stomach problems, then LPR, 3 tests what next, when do I get answer?

Thanks for your reply. I know this board is for acid reflux, but is it common to have stomach problems which then lead to acid reflux issues. It just seems that my problems were at stomach region first and then lead to the throat problems.

Closed Thread