It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
(female)

blanfier HB User
Question ENT or GI Doctor for LPR?

Which type of Doctor is best at helping with LPR? I am seeing an ENT Dr. tommorow, but wonder if I should also see a GI Doctor?? What can they do to find the cause for LPR? I'm sure I have it, now how do I find what causes it and a cure? The medicine doesn't seem to be helping!!

Old 07-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: ENT or GI Doctor for LPR?

I would love to know the answer to this with you. I also believe that i suffer from LPR. I go see an ENT on Thursday, i am looking for a GI doctor also and I plan on seeing both!!! Let me know what your ENT says i would be interested in what you find out. Thanks!!!

Confused

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
(female)

cl84 HB User

I saw an ENT , 2 in fact. I felt I needed a second opinion. The first dr. said it's LPR but when the treatments didn't work he said it could be neurological because I suffer from migraines and the symptoms I have with both problems happens on the left side. I told my neurologist about it and he doesn't know. The second ENT said I don't have LPR and thought it was also due to migraines. Whatever! As to your questions about what causes it and how to treat it, well ,those are the million dollar questions! None of the traditional anti reflux meds did anything for me ( Zantac, Nexium and Protonix). I tried Aloe Vera juice and it worked for awhile but now I am back to square one. I have no idea what causes this and what sets it off in me. Some days I feel decent and the next I am miserable. This is tough to live with.

I hope you get some answers! Good luck!

Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User

I did notice today that the yogurt i ate made my symptoms start. They had went away for a day and then once i ate that they were back for a few hours. It is a new yogurt i bought, i wonder if it could be causing some kind of acid problem??

Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

I'd have to say if you are having more the LPR symtoms that ENT is best bet. You can rule out other things with endo and test and still have LPR. Most gastro I've found don't work with the issues LPR causes. But, I'm one too that have seen at least 5 ENT spec and no one has cured me yet. So frustrating!

Char

Old 07-16-2008, 06:29 AM   #6
(female)

blanfier HB User

Are you taking any meds? What are your symptoms? Sorry to be nosy-I'm just trying to find answers and it sure helps to know I'm not alone!! Has anyone that has taken meds for 6 months had it just "go away" like some Doctors say it will?

Last edited by blanfier; 07-16-2008 at 06:53 AM.

Closed Thread