It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 03:21 AM   #1
(female)

MollyMag HB User
Creaking sound in throat?????

Hi guys...

Well ive developed a new symptom to my Reflux and dry cough. It happens only when I lie down and it is like I can hear a creaking sound in my throat and between my breast bone. Its a weird sound and 'Creaking' is the only word I can use to describe it. Almost like a rattle its horrible. Now and again I feel a wheezing sensation in my chest and back area like when you have a bad cough or chest infection.

Does this make sense to anyone???

Old 08-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
Re: Creaking sound in throat?????

Yes it does. I think it's the reflux coming up when your body is in the supine position. It alters your breathing, so that it sounds different.
Can I ask you a question? Besides being wheezy at times and the creaking sounds, is your breathing quiet or quite loud? I think mine is too loud. I tried breathing quietly, just to see if I could do it, but I no longer can. I always hear myself breathe. It never used to be this way.

FG

Last edited by flowergirl2day; 08-10-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 AM   #3
(female)

MollyMag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowergirl2day View Post
Yes it does. I think it's the reflux coming up when your body is in the supine position. It alters your breathing, so that it sounds different.
Can I ask you a question? Besides being wheezy at times and the creaking sounds, is your breathing quiet or quite loud? I think mine is too loud. I tried breathing quietly, just to see if I could do it, but I no longer can. I always hear myself breathe. It never used to be this way.

FG

Cant say that ive noticed any change in my breathing quiet or loud but I snore like a pig, so much so that my husband has to wear ear plugs

Never realised there were so many symptoms to Acid Reflux.

Thanks for your reply and hope you are well x

Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
(female)

junkerbaby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMag View Post
Hi guys...

Well ive developed a new symptom to my Reflux and dry cough. It happens only when I lie down and it is like I can hear a creaking sound in my throat and between my breast bone. Its a weird sound and 'Creaking' is the only word I can use to describe it. Almost like a rattle its horrible. Now and again I feel a wheezing sensation in my chest and back area like when you have a bad cough or chest infection.

Does this make sense to anyone???

Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
(female)

junkerbaby HB User

YES! YES! YES! It's driving me CRAZY!!! Some days are worse than others, but it's definitely worse when I lay down. It sounds like a rattlilng noise in the back of my throat and also deep in my lungs behind my breastbone. When I do manage to cough something up (which sometimes is hard to do), it's white, bubbly and kind of sticky (gross, I know). Is this a symptom of acid reflux? I'm on a generic form of Prolosec 150 mgs. 2 x's per day. I am also getting off Prednisone. It also seems like my sinuses are always stuffy--not painful, but clear and at night I have PND (post nasal drip) which, of course, irritates my throat and I cough from that too. Not to mention the "lump in my throat" feeling and strained voice that's been going on for the past four or five years now!

The rattling has started a couple of months ago when I started powering down on the Prednisone (nasty stuff). Also, does anyone have what seems like overactive saliva glands? It seems like I'm always swallowing and overabundance of the stuff.

HELP!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
(female)

junkerbaby HB User

Me, too. I am always aware of my breathing and it makes me crazy to the point of being anxious and obsessing over it, especially in quiet public places like church, libraries, book stores, etc. People have stopped and asked do you hear that noise? It's kind of funny when you think about it because then I stop breathing to listen and of course the noise stops and when I start breathing again they'll say--there...that noise! GEEZ! I don't have asthma, either. Sometimes when I'm really, really relaxed I notice my breathing is much quieter.

Has anyone had any luck with Benedryl to dry this up? Thanks!

Old 08-12-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
(female)

MollyMag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkerbaby View Post
YES! YES! YES! It's driving me CRAZY!!! Some days are worse than others, but it's definitely worse when I lay down. It sounds like a rattlilng noise in the back of my throat and also deep in my lungs behind my breastbone. When I do manage to cough something up (which sometimes is hard to do), it's white, bubbly and kind of sticky (gross, I know). Is this a symptom of acid reflux? I'm on a generic form of Prolosec 150 mgs. 2 x's per day. I am also getting off Prednisone. It also seems like my sinuses are always stuffy--not painful, but clear and at night I have PND (post nasal drip) which, of course, irritates my throat and I cough from that too. Not to mention the "lump in my throat" feeling and strained voice that's been going on for the past four or five years now!

The rattling has started a couple of months ago when I started powering down on the Prednisone (nasty stuff). Also, does anyone have what seems like overactive saliva glands? It seems like I'm always swallowing and overabundance of the stuff.

HELP!

AAAAAWWW bless you you seem so excited but isnt it great when another person has the same symptoms and you can relate to it and think "its not just me!".

I have been on reflux meds for a few years but have always been symptom free until New Years Eve just gone. It started with a bad Throat Strep infection and 8 months on im still suffering with acid, sore ears, jawline, the usual GERD symptoms but now this rattle!!! That word is perfect for they way I woudl describe it to my GP.

I was put onto Lomaprezole after being on Nexium for many years and ive had indigestion and acid in my chest so ive gone back onto the Nexium as they work for me.

Good luck with your symptoms and keep in touch

Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
(male)

felipe26paris HB User

I have the same symptoms as many people here and i'm so sorry for all that.
This is distroying my life. I lost so many oportunities, and friends and people, because i refuse to live like that, but of course i refuse to give up living as well. So i just wait until this problems is solved, soon enough that i can recover all that i've lost, express myself fully, show people what i have inside.
But it's terrible, when your pleasure and mission in life is connected tightly wish speech and voice and you have this clicking throat. My friends you have no idea how much i suffer, silently, waiting to scream one day.

Closed Thread