It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #31
(female)

sadgirl1938 HB Usersadgirl1938 HB User
Re: weird sensation in my chest, not burning, but more electricity like.

sounds like acid reflux, it can feel different each time for each person, for me i hear gurgling sounds when i lay down if i am having reflux. and some times it gags me as well and i wake up breathless.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #32
(female)

tisc HB User

Hello everyone,

I am having this weird feeling sometimes and am very worried. I am young but i can go easily to extremes with anxiety or excitement as if i am high in some drug when happy, sad, angry etc. and though it would be because of that(being a intense person). But now i was reading in my bed, very relaxed and started to feel it in the very middle of my chest this little shocks and when i set down i started to feel a pain in my back. Is this something to worry? Sometimes when i am hungry i get so weak that i cant stand up or do anything, if someone is not near to give me something to eat i fall asleep to not feel the pain anymore. And sometimes my vision get black out from nothing. Does anyone feel something like this too? Which doctor should i look for?

Thank you.

Last edited by tisc; 03-06-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #33
(male)

scorpio8880 HB User

The posters here might want to read up on the phenomenon known as 'hypnic jerks', especially the poster with post #12.

I've had these for a while now. From what I've gathered, it's highly related to anxiety/stress coupled with an unhealthy lifestyle, especially bad sleeping patterns/lack of sleep. It seems to be different from the stomach issues causing somewhat similar symptoms.

A few things you can try if you're in a run of hypnic jerks(that helped me):
- Anything that relieves tension, such as moderate physical activity(running) or muscle relaxation exercises
- Massage, especially the chest and stomach area
- Relieving emotional tension, such as through crying or throwing a tantrum. Sometimes, it's just something that needs to be let out.
- EFT(some people might be sceptical about this, but I've had some amazing results from it)

You won't die from this. I've had runs of it lasting many hours, with one jerk every five minutes or so. Sometimes there's a supraventricular extrasystole(extra heartbeat) at the same moment you get the jerk, which will actually cause your heart to stop for a brief moment, and this is also completely harmless.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #34
(male)

Inspiron80 HB User

Dear All,

I am 31 years old Male. I had similar problem in 2011 when I noticed a minor shock on my left side of chest, specially during early morning when I wake up and it got worst after few days. It felt exactly like I got electrocuted, initially for 2-3 second and later on got worst and started lasting for around 10 second and more.

Been to GP and had checked everything about my heart, couldn't find anything. then after period of 4 weeks from beginning it started fading out and eventually stopped. I felt so relived.

Now again in 2013 Feb, after about 14 Months I had same problem and started worrying again. Now I have no Idea why its happening but I read somewhere this will come back time and time again.

Fortunately this time I used the " Hot Water Bag ". I Put on the area where I was feeling the sensation, Initially for 2-3 days when I had Hot water Bag on and when I got electric shock, I felt bit better as I was feeling less stress because of the hot water. So I kept using it for twice a day and specially just before I go to the bed.

Within a week time, all my shock wave has gone and I feel so much better.
I would Highly recommend everyone who have same problem to use Hot water Bag for few days and I am sure you will see the difference.

I don't know the reason why this happen at first place but I found no solution through any doctors, and this was very stressful experience for me. But I found very unusual solution that worked for me and I really hope this will help everyone who has problem.

I know how it felt, so helpless when this happen.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #35
(female)

goldpapero HB User

Hi All,
I too was diagnosed with GERD by ER doc. Too much bloating, gas, discomfort and anxiety thought I was having a heart attack though no pain anywhere.

So far I've tried, mastic gum, manuka honey, saigon cinnamon, turmeric. Doctor just said to take over the counter gas x. These helped with the symptoms but had a lot of food sensitivities. Food I regularly ate brown rice and vegetables made me gassy. A list of no-no food includes: potatoes, anything sour/vinegar/lemon/tomato, fats/oils, sweets/processed foods, alcohol/soda/beer, nuts, coffee, no smoking.

By watching my diet, my symptoms were very much alleviated. Recently though I came across the book by Hulda Regehr Clark "Cure for All Diseases". It talks about parasites in the body how it's directly responsible for acid reflux and digestive issues and how we must do a cleanse. I've tried almost everything nothing to lose to try this one so went to a local vitamin store and bought Parastrol, you can try Paragone or Parazyte brands also but Parastrol was cheaper so I bought it.

I can tell you, after just 2 days of gulping 8 capsules a day (I'm 95 lbs so if you're heavier don't be afraid to try), my food sensitivities to brown rice and vegetables are gone. But still don't eat anything fried and the list above. I'm pretty good with my diet and drink plenty of water at least 6-8 glasses a day.

I hope this helps, this is my experience and I highly recommend you start a Parasite cleanse now.

Last edited by goldpapero; 03-25-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Closed Thread