It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
(male)

hawthorns HB User
Not sure what's going on , please help

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with duodenitis. A regular dose of lanzoprazole/omeprazole seems to keep this in check. However, about 18 months ago I started getting bouts of an intense tickling or irritation in my throat. This seemed to be worse after eating sweets. I should add that when I eat sweets or chocolate I eat the whole pack of them. These episodes only lasted for less than a minute. Then in February I got a sore throat with some ear pain . I also had some terrible episodes where my throat and sinuses seemed to dry right up. This would happen in the day or during the night. These symptoms have thankfully eased but I was left with glue ear, mainly the left one. I also had excessive mucous especially in my throat and throat clearing so bad that it gave me a sore throat. The throat mucous/throat clearing has eased, I've cut out sweets and chocolate and anything that I thought might have been irritating my throat. Also I take a spoonful of Gaviscon after meals and before bedtime. The glue ear ,however persists,some days worse than others. I know that my next visit to the doc will mean a referral to the hospital for a closer look. I'll be honest and say that I'm terrified that they'll say I've got throat cancer. I suppose I'm just looking for some sort of reassurance. Thanks for reading

Old 08-28-2008, 10:56 PM   #2
(female)

nessie01 HB User
Re: Not sure what's going on , please help

hi you dont have cancer...........go seee a ENT it does sound like LPR to me it can effect you ears, it certainly effects mine!!!!! you need to be on two PPI a day to help you heal.

goodluck
ness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #3
(male)

hawthorns HB User
Re: Not sure what's going on , please help

Hi Nessie thanks for your answer. I have started two ppi's a day but I guess it takes time. I'm watching what I eat and drink as well. It's always the things we like that we have to give up don't we. Thanks again for your answer, I've got a doc appnt next week. I think I'll ask him to send me to see ent like you say. Might as well get to the bottom of it. Fed up of worrying, it takes over your life doesn't it. Thanks and good luck to you too

Closed Thread