It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

roze1 HB User
Angry dull pain beside belly button

does anyone know what this dull pain on right side about 2 inches from my belly button could be??? Also have reflux, mostly all day and wake up in morning with raw throat. I have been taking losec but it does not seem to work anymore. Getting frustrated as don,t know what to eat anymore, I am not over weight or unfit. Somebody please!!!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vanessa74 HB User
Re: dull pain beside belly button

Hi Roze1,

I get that too - I think mine is I.B.S. - but it can be an 'umbilical hernia' or the first sypmtom of 'appendicitis' - so if it gets worse, get it checked out.

Hope you feel BETTER soon!!!

PS: I had my GB out (2) years ago and I wonder if there is scar tissue there causing problems-- just a thought I had.

Vanessa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
(female)

nessie01 HB User

hi Rose
Im nessie and im from NZ to chch, how are you, you are the first kiwi i have seeen on this board, im on losec to after trying two others, which you could also try to they may work for you one was solox (like usa prevacid) and cant remember the other Nz name but it was the same as protonix your doctor will no...........i have funny pains on my right side like that as well, which have msolty gone but im wondering about gallbladder for you? mine is not working well, have you had a scan? Im going to see a sugeon next week to ask a million questions about surgery for reflux or if i need my gallbladder out etc

how long have you been on losec for
nessie

Old 09-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
(female)

roze1 HB User

Hi Nessie, Great to hear from another Kiwi, I have been on Losec for 2 years now, maybe I,m immune to it. Have tried all sorts of witch dr potion etc, none work bit of a have? am oing to dr this week, just thought someone could throw some light on the problem first, as I am a bit scared of what it could be and want to be prepared! Reflux still there, but dull ache subsided slightly just feels like bruise when I poke it.
Will keep you up-dated on this
cheers roze

Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
(female)

roze1 HB User

Hi Vanessa,

I thought I was the only one in world with this strange pain, so good to hear i am not!! but not good news for us , going to dr so let you know what she says, don,t have much faith in drs they are so blase about things at times, so good to get others feed back
cheers from Roze

Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
(female)

nessie01 HB User

good luck Rose, you can also consider surgery for your reflux my freind had chronic reflux and a hernia and got nisson etc 7 years ago, he drinks alcohol and eats what ever.........no issues except he lost heaps of weight the first few weeks which is a bonus for me if i do it, im not overwiegt but would like to be about 3 kilos lighter as over the years my jeans etc are getting a bit tight lol.........

anyway hope all goes well with your doctor

Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Vanessa74 HB User

Good luck at the Dr. Roze1 - I hope that all goes well and you get some answers and HELP!!

Nessa

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Exclamation Re: dull pain beside belly button

Get your self to tthe emergency NOW .. I had a dull pain in Exactly the same splace and it was ,my appendix bursting ..which you can die from!!!! No exaggeration ..go now it is deadly.

Closed Thread