It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2008, 02:31 AM   #1
(male)

carls1976 HB User
How Many Different Symptoms Can You Have

i have been suffering with excess gas for a few months now, i am on omeprazole 20 mg once a day for it , somedays i am not too bad bad others i can feel terrible, i feel like something stuck in my throat, and acid in my mouth, also my left side of my chest hurts its like a dull ache, and i sufferer from a cough as well and a lot of mucous, also i have like carmps in my left hand and last night, i woke up with papilations, what seem to stop once i got up and had a glass of water.I have had blood tests taken, ecg done, chest xray and i had a endoscope done last week which should no sign of a ulcer or anything else, they took a biopsy and i have to wait for the results.I just wanted to hear from some other people whether they have similar symptoms to stop me stressing about it

Old 09-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #2
(female)

nessie01 HB User
Re: How Many Different Symptoms Can You Have

your not alone i have had a rainbow of reflux symptoms...........

chest stab like pains
pain in my back and shoulder blades
ache in between breast bones
chronic stomach ache
neasuea
LPR symptoms

PPI has taken some this stuff away but my symptoms now are
neasuea
excess flem thou last two days have been great
constricted throat feeling, sometimes ear pressure or fullness
wake up with a slight sore throat but goes after a drink or food
coating on tounge
did have a burnt tounge feeling buts that gone
PND which is heaps better
cough after food which is also been lots better

my symptoms vary daily and unless im having a really bad day i dont have all this at once, like yesterday i had neasuea and constricted throat but not the others
cheers ness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
(male)

carls1976 HB User

thanks for the reply, i find drinking ginger and lemon tea helps me quite a bit after drinking a cup i usually get at least a 30 minute break from the worst symptoms on a bad day like today

Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Nessie01
Glad you posted those symptoms. I have been scared of what appears to be different symptoms the last couple weeks. I had a bad bout of acid reflux 2 weeks ago and it lasted for a week and a few days, like you symptoms vary some linger others come and go. This last week and a half I feel like something is in the throat like just below the adams apple or where they would do a tracheotomy, first it was sore throat, tongue and inside cheeks and that got better but I'm left with a FULLNESS in the throat and ear area and occasionally an ache in the upper chest just below the neck, even the side of the neck, at times the throat feels strained and it aches at times, lately the upper stomach has a gnawing or aching feel along with all the other crap, maybe I have an ulcer who knows. It doesn't hurt to swallow altho when drinking liquid I am aware of the area, no pain just aware but eating is no problem. I see my endo next week, as I'm suppose to have an endoscopy every 2yrs and I'm like 8 months past that time cuz I forgot! This is such a hard to control disease, a couple weeks of ok and then out of nowhere another couple weeks of symptoms. I don't have the usual heartburnin just on rare occasions, mine is clearing throat, slight cough, bitter taste and seems to be more symptoms are in the lower throat than chest area.

Last edited by NancyH; 09-16-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:27 AM   #5
(female)

nessie01 HB User

nancy
yes the whole reflux thing effectts all of us differently, it just imbalances your whole body!!! good luck with your tests etc
ness

Old 09-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
(female)

karate_mom HB User

Hi there, I am back because I thought my symptoms went away. So back on Omeprazole as well, and if you go onto Google and look up side effects of the omeprazole it says gas!!! I just started yesterday, and the gas is back! I might try a different one. But here are my main symptoms:

Heart burn
Phlegm
Post nasal drip
intermittent burning in the throat (several times a day, which scares me)
tightening of the throat.
GAS
sometimes bloating
and anxiety from all the symptoms!

So you are not alone. My doctor just told me today if what I describe, the burning in the throat, was the GERD returning and he told me "yes, you need to continue the meds for lifetime." He never ran any tests, but by my symptoms he told me that . Well, hope this helps. I know by just typing this, and especially reading all of your posts, it is comforting knowing I am not alone! I know stress supposedly worsens your symptoms. I also have heart palpitations. Those are from stress, anxiety and too much coffee. I have quit lattes, and am currently looking for a new morning drink. Also, when I went out to dinner the other night, I had a sip of red wine, and it burned! Has that ever happenend to anyone??

Take care, and good luck.

Last edited by karate_mom; 09-17-2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot some symptoms: ears clogged, and chronic sinusitus

Closed Thread