It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User
Prilosec better in morning or evening?

I would like to hear from others who take Prilosec for acid reflux - if it's more effective to take it in the morning or at night before bed? I take several other meds in the morning and didn't want to triple up on meds! Thanks

Old 09-22-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
(female)

shrtcak81 HB User
Re: Prilosec better in morning or evening?

Hi Natty! How are you doing? Are you feeling any better on Lexapro? I took Prilosec for years. I usually took it in the morning and it would last until the next day. Do you have heartburn? I've been spending a lot of time on this forum unfortunately because of my stomach problems. I can't seem to figure out why medications aren't working for me anymore I hope you find relief with Prilosec!

Crystal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
(male)

carls1976 HB User

i take mine in the evening usually before my dinner or just after, and find it works a lot better taking it at this time, if i take it in the morning i feel terrible for the first few hours

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Natty44 HB User

Hi Crystal - good to hear from you. I guess that Upper GI I had showed I have acid reflux so that's why they put me on Prilosec - I took it last night so we'll see. I never felt I had heartburn so who knows. Do you still take Prilosec? I've been on the Lexapro for a little over 3 weeks now and haven't felt much relief - it's discouraging! I thought by now I'd be feeling alot better. Are you feeling better on the Lexapro? My appetite is still so-so and I'm wondering if that is also the acid reflux or the Lexapro?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

Hi everyone,

I have taken every med there is and currently supposed to be taking nexium twice a day. Before breakfast and dinner. Seems this is advised by most Dr's I've seen and there's been a lot. Since I have the LPR symptoms the Dr. told me to take Prilosec at bedtime (when on that med). I stopped taking anything couple weeks ago since seeing surgeon because he said with the symptoms I have it's really not doing me one bit of good period. The acid doesn't stay in my esphogus long enough but goes up higher.

Main reason I am replying (or butting in to this thread is the fact that some seem to be on Lexapro along with GERD meds. I was prescribed Lexapro and awhile back it seemed to work very well and quite quickly. This round of it doesn't seem to be helping me at all and made me hungry all the time. I gained wt. very fast! That's enough to depress you. I would like to know if the Lexapro was prescribed in addition to PPI's for your symptoms of GERD or only depression. I know that anti-anxiety meds are prescribed at times for severe GERD. Also, did you find the Lexapro caused wt gain or any changes in hunger? I wonder if maybe the Lexapro did actually make you feel better so therefore you felt like eating? When I first got very sick, I lost 50 lbs but now I eat no matter if I'm sick or not! Any info would be appreciated.

CharBerry

Closed Thread