It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
(female)

nessie01 HB User
can gerd cause gastritis

hi

simple question can gerd cause gastritis i have been of meds for a week as i have a 24 hr reflux probe test on monday and the last couple days my tummy feels buring after i eat anything hot (not spicey) just like a warm meal or cuppa. ness, i no PPI treat gastritis as well, but just wondering why i have it, if i have it, who knows with the reflux thing.........oh i have been tested for h -pylori a while back and was clear...
ness

Old 09-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
(female)

londoner70 HB User
Re: can gerd cause gastritis

Hi ness,

I believe it does, and the reason being is that. My problems started 14 months a go with a burning stomach, and after endoscopy I was diagnosed with gastritis, I was H-pylori positive, and had the eradication therapy for it. The burning didn't stop, and I had the breath test done, and it was negative for H-pylori. The burning became severe again, and I had another endoscopy done, and this time the biopsy confirmed that H-pylori was gone, but gastritis was still present. After that all the symptoms of LPR started, the excess phlegm, lump in the throat and etc. Whenever my LPR is really bad I get the stomach burning as well, sometimes it feels like it is bruised inside. Since after all the tests that they have done, they haven't managed to find anything wrond in the stomach, I believe that gastritis and gerd(in my case LPR) are definitely related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
(female)

nessie01 HB User

hi thanks for you reply londoner

couple of questions if you dont mind

are you sensitive to hot or cold foods
and do you expereince neasea
have you had the 24 hr reflux test and did it show reflux

i have had LPR symptoms and still have but they have settled in the last coupleof weeks thank goodness as i couldnt hardly breath at one stage from my crhonic cough and thick hacking flem.....
cant wiat to get back on the losec as it does help a bit

ness

Old 09-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

londoner70 HB User

Hi Ness, I haven't really noticed any sensitivity to hot or cold food, as for nausea I have experienced it in the past. What is getting quite common for me is stomach aches like hunger pains, and as for my LPR symptoms, change on a daily basis, I am good one day, bad the next day, I am on 40mg nexium twice daily.

I had the 24hr ph-metry test and osephagus manometry done couple of months ago, and it was OK, and showed I am boarder line, but my ENT said I need impedance manometry which checks all the other stuff coming up.

I am having that one done in 2 weeks time. The GI said come off the nexium suddenly all together, I am just scared doing that so decided to cut down to 40mg for 3 days, and then stop all together.

But what I have noticed, is that my symptoms get really bad near the time of the month, and funny enough the new GI that I saw asked the specific question that do they get bad around your periods?!! It's quite ironic that most people who take any kind of medical tests want the results to be OK, I guess I am reverse I want this test to show that I do reflux since I really do suffer, and I want the GI to be convinced.

Best of luck to you with your test

Last edited by londoner70; 09-27-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
(female)

nessie01 HB User

i no most tests you want to be negaitve but this one i want to be postive lol...............that way people might actually beleive me now !! im plannin on eating foods that bother me tomorro, thanks ness

Closed Thread