It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
The cause of my reflux is constipation

If you read my last post I said I was improving, well now I'm not. I have suffered from constipation since about 3 months before my reflux started. Last year my stomach cleared up and I started going normal, my reflux was about 99% gone during that time. These last two weeks it cleared up and reflux went away, well got constipated again and guess whats back? Acid reflux and worse then every (feel like I drank fire). Now I know what I need to do, ignore the acid reflux and concentrate on getting regular. I think I have IBS.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

tanya31 HB User
Re: The cause of my reflux is constipation

Yes, i have noticed that with me too. If I get constipated, my acid reflux starts to act up. It could be the acid used to digest is backing up instead of going down. It's really an ugly feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User

I also get bloating and pain in abdomen, I wonder if colon could enlarge and prevent acid from leaving stomach? or cause pressure on stomach? If this is true then eliminating the constipation would eliminate the reflux. I take High Blood pressure med. which is a diuretic, I figure that may be causing or helping the constipation. Going to increase the amount of water I drink and increase my exercising.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
(female)

tanya31 HB User

I get bloating after I eat almost all the time; but no pain. Sounds to me like you're getting to the root of what's causing your reflux. That's a good thing. Water does help alot cuz it does wash down the acid that's coming up. So, that should help you. I don't take any kinds of medicines, I take herbs from my iriodologist. (Is that how you spell it?? haha) It's a doctor that reads your eyes. I took aciphex a few months ago, but I only took them for 3 weeks cuz they made me worse. Had alot of bloating, constipation, etc.. Changing your diet should help you also, and of course, do the excercising. Take care, didn't mean to write a whole story.. haha

Closed Thread