It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

stardust11 HB User
Aciphex experiences?

Can people please share their experiences with Aciphex? Is is better, different from other PPIs? My insurance won't cover it and I wonder if it's worth it to try to get it from Canada, etc. I've tried nexium, prevacid but after a couple days I would feel spasms in my throat. Drs don't believe me! I think that I have LPR and I wonder how people respond to Aciphex. Please share. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User
Re: Aciphex experiences?

Aciphex has worked the best for me in regards to the GERD symptoms. The lump in the throat feeling has never gone away for me completely on any PPI. I have not resorted to taking 2 at one time long term though as many say it works well for them with Nexium being a popular choice. I have tried taking 2 Aciphex for a couple of weeks and it didn't make any difference (worse or better) in my symptoms. The only problem I have with Aciphex is constipation. I take fiber and Miralax at times to combat it. Hope this helps!

Last edited by 4dad; 11-16-2008 at 09:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
(female)

Lynn8 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust11 View Post
Can people please share their experiences with Aciphex? Is is better, different from other PPIs? My insurance won't cover it and I wonder if it's worth it to try to get it from Canada, etc. I've tried nexium, prevacid but after a couple days I would feel spasms in my throat. Drs don't believe me! I think that I have LPR and I wonder how people respond to Aciphex. Please share. Thanks!
Everybody has different reaction with drugs. I am taking Protonix and I couldn't take Nexium. I have not tried Aciphex.
My sister is taking Aciphex and couldn't take Protonix. The only problem is after a while her blood pressure is high.

Have you tried Protonix?

Last edited by Lynn8; 11-17-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
(female)

4dad HB User4dad HB User

Hi there,

I've taken Aciphex and it worked very well for me for about 2 years. I had no problems with it except for some constipation. My blood pressure was higher than normal but still in normal range. Of all the PPI's this one is my favorite.

Closed Thread