It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Throat closing

For those with GERD, do you ever feel like your throat is closing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Throat closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2626 View Post
For those with GERD, do you ever feel like your throat is closing?
I haven't had that feeling in awhile but Lord when I do, it's the worst feeling there is! As far at LPR symptoms that one and the feeling of not being able to breath are awful. As of now, I've only been dealing with the constant mucus and PND that won't go away no matter what. I've coughed so much surprised I haven't lost my voice.

Get that throat closing checked out. Have you been diagnosed with GERD? I

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #3
(female)

tanya31 HB User

I have had that feeling of my throat closing the last couple of days. I could barely get food down and it was hard to breathe. My chest was feeling tight. I asked my friend what he thought it could be, (he's an herbal dr.) he said it could be a hiatal hernia, anxiety, or and allergic reation to something. Also, acid reflux can cause your throat to have spasms. It is a terrible and scary feeling. Hope you are doing better.. take care..

Old 11-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Its awful! I am also being treated for lyme so I am on antibotics which does NOT help my GERD>

My GERD started 2 yrs ago...I thought it was my heart as I could not breathe in without pain and I would get odd shooting pains right above my heart. Well, my echo was fine, my dr suspected GERD, put me on aciphex and I started to get btr. I had an endo and it was clear thankfully. I was on aciphex for almost 2 yrs and have been off it for about 3 months without issues (finally). However, I am sure it will come back since I am on a ton of meds now.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
(female)

Daun2008 HB User

I have the throat closing feeling so bad that I haven't eaten solid food in 2 1/2 months. I'm on 3 ensures a day and chicken broth and milkshakes. I'm so afraid to eat at this point. I have been tested for everything from Schleraderma to Eosophillic Esophagitis and Croan's - all negative - thank the Lord. They still don't know what my problem is. I have had 3 endoscopes, 9 biopsies of the esophagus, 2 biopsies of small intestine, a manometry study, I've been to 3 gastrologists, 2 ENT's and am thinking of counseling. I've been diagnosed with GERD, hiatal hernia, inflammation of the esophagus, infected tonsils. Everytime I try to eat (scrambled egg or cream of wheat, etc.) the food doesn't get past the back of the tongue - it sticks to the base of my tongue and in my throat and sometimes the feeling last the entire day. I am on Zigerid 2x's a day, a double dose of Zantac at bedtime and Reglan 4x's a day. I feel better than before when they had me on Prevacid solutabs (I could bearly get them down even after they dessolved) and Carafate and liquid Lidocaine - I always felt awful, my throat was sore all the time and dry as can be and I constantly had that feeling that something was stuck in there. I still can't eat anything. I go back in next week to have a balloon diation of my esophagus - I hope it helps. I really believe it is a combination of an allergic reaction to something and the GERD - but I always have large bumps on the back of my tongue.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I am really scared reading all this. I have just been scheduled for an endonoscopy. I have never had that done and I am very frightened. I do feel like my throat is swollen from all the mucus. I wasn't having any pain until today when I tried to swollen a vitamin C tablet and it did get stuck and finally went down. It scares me. It must be really swollen in there.

Closed Thread