It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

annayarrell1 HB User
my food is stuck in my chest,how do i get it out.so i can breath.

it feels like my food is stuck in my throught and my chest. it has this burning feeling when i swallow water or try to eat anything else. now everything i eat or drink i bring up. i'm spitting a-lot, and when i burp, it only stops the pain for a brief moment. someone please help me. i'm in so much pain. i've taken malox, it didn't help.pepto bismol didn't helpeither.someone please help. i'm running out of things to do.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: my food is stuck in my chest,how do i get it out.so i can breath.

If you truly feel food stuck, then it is in your esophagus. How long has it been stuck? I had a bite of hamburger stuck in my esophagus, I waited 24 hours and in pain before I went to emergency to have them take it out. When they take it out, it is not a big deal, they will give you probably valium so you will be in a light sleep and when you wake up about 20 minutes, it will be gone and you will feel nothing, it is easy.

Sunny

Last edited by 1sunny1; 11-29-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

vh90453 HB User

If it just feels like the food is stuck but it actually isn't, you may have reflux. It will cause a burning sensation. If it doesn't pass soon I'd see your Doctor.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
(female)

future ms jones HB User

something called schatzki rings. that is what i have. Food gets stuck on occasion and it can be very painful. ive had to be hospitalized 2 times for it and have the rings stretched. the 2nd time i got food stuck was the 1st time i went to my dr for it. He had a fit. I had gotten the food stuck at dinner and just went to bed. I thought it would pass when i relaxed. I kept spitting in a cup all night cause my spit wouldnt go down. when i got to the dr the next a.m. he immediately sent me to th hosp. He had a fit because he said if I had gone into a deep sleep I could of asperated. In otherwords, since my spit wasnt going down my esophagus it could of gone into my lungs causing me to drowned in my sleep. Nice huh? so if it sounds familiar. go to th Dr...

Last edited by moderator2; 12-22-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)

Closed Thread