It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User
Is this heartburn or what

Every once in a while I get this pain/buring feeling that starts just below my heart and moves up along to my throat It can be scarey but when I take a cold drink of water it goes away. Do you think this is heartburn or acid reflux. I don't get any taste up my throat or anything. I'm getting anxious about it so if anybody has any input....please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: Is this heartburn or what

Your descriptions sounds like classic heartburn, have you tried taking anything to relieve the burning?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
(male)

java junkie HB User

It does sound like heart burn but I believe acid reflux and heartburn are tied together. This is why. I used to have heartburn and acid reflux happening some days at the same time as well as other days separately. I no longer have either one anymore and am confident since it is gone I have discovered why. After spending several years of research and much trial and error I came to find out I was Intolerant to a small group of foods after taking a food intolerance test through the ThinkRite system. I came across them one day while doing research on leaky gut syndrome. I had heard that when you have leaky gut one of the symptoms of having it can be slight to severe inflammation which can lead to heartburn, acid reflux as well as other problems if left untreated. After receiving my test results and finding they came back positive on several foods, I removed them immediately and followed the regiment that they suggested I follow. Nothing really happened till after about 6 weeks and immediately all heartburn and reflux left and never returned. The reason I am certain that this was the answer (at least for me) was because if I ever want the reflux or heartburn to return ( of course who would?) all I have to do is go back to eating the foods that came up as positive on my test. After about two to three days all my symptoms would completely return. This was sort of aggravating to me because I was having several kinds of allergy and other tests from several different physicians and naturopaths but nothing conclusive or at least helpful ever really came from any of the tests they had me take (and most of the tests were very expensive) so I decided to go out on my own and search for answers since it seemed that I wasn't getting anywhere with the help I was receiving. I'm happy I did. There are many tests out there and that's a fact but I can honestly say that this was the one that made the difference for me. I am now positive that leaky gut was the problem and believe that many people take this condition too lightly and even the ones that are aware of it do not know how to properly treat the problem and stop its progression. Best of luck!It does sound like heart burn but I believe acid reflux and heartburn are tied together. This is why. I used to have heartburn and acid reflux happening some days at the same time as well as other days separately. I no longer have either one anymore and am confident since it is gone I have discovered why. After spending several years of research and much trial and error I came to find out I was Intolerant to a small group of foods after taking a food intolerance test through the ThinkRite system. I came across them one day while doing research on leaky gut syndrome. I had heard that when you have leaky gut one of the symptoms of having it can be slight to severe inflammation which can lead to heartburn, acid reflux as well as other problems if left untreated. After receiving my test results and finding they came back positive on several foods, I removed them immediately and followed the regiment that they suggested I follow. Nothing really happened till after about 6 weeks and immediately all heartburn and reflux left and never returned. The reason I am certain that this was the answer (at least for me) was because if I ever want the reflux or heartburn to return ( of course who would?) all I have to do is go back to eating the foods that came up as positive on my test. After about two to three days all my symptoms would completely return. This was sort of aggravating to me because I was having several kinds of allergy and other tests from several different physicians and naturopaths but nothing conclusive or at least helpful ever really came from any of the tests they had me take (and most of the tests were very expensive) so I decided to go out on my own and search for answers since it seemed that I wasn't getting anywhere with the help I was receiving. I'm happy I did. There are many tests out there and that's a fact but I can honestly say that this was the one that made the difference for me. I am now positive that leaky gut was the problem and believe that many people take this condition too lightly and even the ones that are aware of it do not know how to properly treat the problem and stop its progression. Best of luck!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 AM   #4
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Thank you both for your replies and information. I must watch out and see if there is any pattern and what I have eaten that day. I do know a couple of times that it happened i was quite hungry - can being hungry trigger something? Most people would complain after eating?
Thanks again.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:53 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User

Alwaysaworrier:

You can get heartburn on an empty stomach, especially if you drink things like coffee, tea or soft drinks that contain caffeine. They can cause an increase in the production of stomach acid that can be very irritating when your stomach is empty (sometimes eating something fairly bland, like toast, can help minimize heartburn symptoms in that situation).

Old 12-01-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

GCM - Thanks for that information - it was making me worry when it was happening when I was hungry. Another question you may be able to answer for me - this only happens every now and again - it is by no means a very regular thing. It happened me twice last week but it probably could have been 3/4 months since it happened before that?

Thanks again

Last edited by alwaysaworrier; 12-01-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

If it only happens occasionally then it's not something you should be concerned about. Most people have occasional heartburn with no ill effects. If it starts happening weekly (or multiple times a week) you would want to see a doctor because it would indicate a more chronic condition like GERD.

Closed Thread