It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

FMC3 HB User
Irregular Rumbling Sensation In Chest.

Hi, I'm new to this forum but maybe someone can help if you've been there and done this. I'll try to keep it as short as possible while providing the necessary information. I'm a 53 year old male, 245 pounds. My meds are as follows: Atenolol, 100mg. q.d., Clonidine, .3 mg. t.i.d., asprin, 81 mg. q.d. for high blood pressure, which I've had my entire adult life. Lately I've been having this strange sensation in the middle of my chest. Not exactly sub sternal, as heart related chest pain would be described, but down a little lower. It feels like a strange, irregular, rumblling sensation. It scares the hell out of me. It's far more frequent when I'm lying down, and thus keeps me awake, out of fear mostly. I live alone you see. Yes, Ive had panic attacks, and I have even been diagnosed with anxiety disorder, for which I'm not currently taking meds. I do have a lot of stress in my life, always, but especially recently, not the least of which is having been unemployeed for the past two plus months, and thus having no health insurance. I've suffered from palpitations for some time though and sort of got used to them, as my doctor has advised me time and again not to worry about them. But this doesn't seem like palpitations. A Cardiologist tested me about six months ago - while I still had good insurance - and diagnosed me with some sort of Atrial irrigularity, I think a leaky atrial valve. He advised me it was harmless at that stage. That was then, and I've gained ten or fifteen pounds since then. I looked it up and learned that it does often cause symptoms while ling down. But if that's the cause then it' s getting worse. Other factors are as follows: I was diagnosed with GERD years ago, I'm a recovering alcoholic, I drank for thirty years, on and off you know, and I've been experiencing an increasing amount of severe acid indigestion lately, and gas. Another symptom is I sometimes have a sort of thight feeling in the bottom of my throat, but I don't have any noticable trouble swallowing, and I eat too much, which just makes things worse I think. ANYWAY, what I want to know is: could these symptoms be related to some kind of esophageal disorder? Or are they more likely just palpitations and panic related to my increased stress level. Sometimes while I'm having one of these episodes I'll check my radial pulse and I'll be fine, but never as wild as it would seem to have to be to account for the irregular rumbling sensations. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by FMC3; 12-19-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread