It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
(male)

Nauthiz HB User
Gerd = cramps?

Anyone experienced cramps or stiffness from gerd? I take no meds + my heart was checked out ok. It seems i get Chest cramps in my left pectoral, just feels stiff or cramped, can last for a few days. I also get cramps on my neck feels like my neck is pulling my head down, or a lump feeling in throat. Has anyone experienced this? Especially the left pectoral cramps? Its a bit unsettling since it makes you think of heart problems, yet my heart is apparently ok.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Gerd = cramps?

Yes! I have tons of cramps and stiffness and diarrhea from taking these meds. I have had leg cramps, headaches, diarrhea, heart palpatations, shakiness and anxiety. These meds are loaded with things that cause side effects.

I have tried two meds Prilosec, which works well but I had to go off of it but the diarrhea was miserable for me and the anxiety. And now Zantac worked well for a couple of days then I tried to take 2 today which is ok but I got bad cramps again and looked up the ingredients which are not the best one being Apartame (which had chlorine in it) which I am allergic to and I have been taking. Ugh!

No one cares for you like you!! Believe me! My doctor certainly wasn't on top of this at all! I don't know where I do from here.

What med are you taking and for how long? I just read that you don't take meds. Hmmm the lump in the throat is what I have from reflux. That is a common symptom. Usually you will have alot of mucus in there. It is being produced to protect your throat from the acid coming up.

Last edited by TEdds83; 01-05-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
(male)

Nauthiz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdwards83 View Post
Yes! I have tons of cramps and stiffness and diarrhea from taking these meds. I have had leg cramps, headaches, diarrhea, heart palpatations, shakiness and anxiety. These meds are loaded with things that cause side effects.

I have tried two meds Prilosec, which works well but I had to go off of it but the diarrhea was miserable for me and the anxiety. And now Zantac worked well for a couple of days then I tried to take 2 today which is ok but I got bad cramps again and looked up the ingredients which are not the best one being Apartame (which had chlorine in it) which I am allergic to and I have been taking. Ugh!

No one cares for you like you!! Believe me! My doctor certainly wasn't on top of this at all! I don't know where I do from here.

What med are you taking and for how long? I just read that you don't take meds. Hmmm the lump in the throat is what I have from reflux. That is a common symptom. Usually you will have alot of mucus in there. It is being produced to protect your throat from the acid coming up.
yeah i cant even take meds because they are worse than the benefit. I still get cramps in my left chest around my heart and sometimes palpatations even without hte meds, i just hope i have no cardiac problems even though they say i dont.

Today i was eating and i felt pain in my back on the left side, in the heart area. It made me kind of anxious and i was worried, i felt a bit weak, so i stood up to splash some water on my face in the bathroom sink. As i walked into the bathroom i felt this wierd palpatation just hit me hard and i felt very scared for a bit but then it subsided... i hate these wierd moments that i feel like im just gonna croak!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Good Morning Nauthiz! Hang in there! I know how frightening it is having weird, unexplainable body symptoms. It is so frustrating. And I agree with you! Acid reflux meds make me feel worse than just dealing with the relux at times.

Like this morning I woke up shaky and feeling like crap. All bloated, gassy and miserable. These are the side effects of the two meds I have tried, Prilosec and Zantac. Most people don't know what's in those unless you study closely. Like Zantac for example...has aspartame. I am allergic to Aspartame and here I have taken this for a couple of days. My stomach hurts (which I wasn't having that problem with my reflux, but on the meds I do) and my intestines are sore and rumbling and gassy. I wasn't having that problem eithor until taking the meds. "( If I stay on these meds any longer than a week the heart palpatations start. Those are not fun as you well know. Makes me feel like I have heart trouble.

Since you have had your heart checked out and the doctor says it's fine, try not to worry. But I know it is still disturbing having little weird things happen. So do you have reflux? Everyone's symptoms are different. Some people do have the weird mystery pains throughout the chest. Mine is located right in the center of the chest, in the middle of the esophogas. It won't suprise me at all that when I have the endoscopy on friday if they find a problem area there. I have mucus all the time, like a big ball of snot on my throat that I can't clear. They say that means your body is producing excess mucus to protect your throat. So until that stops I believe I still have a problem down in there. I am not sure if you have trouble with that symptom.

Just hang in there! You are not alone. You could always do the scope (endoscopy) where they can take a closer look.

Last edited by TEdds83; 01-06-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Closed Thread