It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

lhutson HB User
my chest is sore

why is my chest sore i haven't hurt it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: my chest is sore

I have the same problem. Is it tender when you touch it? Almost like you lifted weights and its all tender in that area? I am hoping mine is from the reflux that comes up to my sternum area and kind of radiates out. I did however lift weight a couple of days ago. But it worries me and I am not sure. Explain your soreness please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

alaneh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdwards83 View Post
I have the same problem. Is it tender when you touch it? Almost like you lifted weights and its all tender in that area? I am hoping mine is from the reflux that comes up to my sternum area and kind of radiates out. I did however lift weight a couple of days ago. But it worries me and I am not sure. Explain your soreness please.
i have the same problem as you and it is very worying,have had this now for about 6 years it does get easyer in the fact that you learn to relize the symptoms and learn how to control them.
worrying dosnt help the matter as you often get cold sweets and a few times i have ended up getting up in the night and feeling sick and shaking with the pain in my chest.i find haveing a cup of tea and two paracetamole help to relieve the pain and after about an hour can go back to bed and sleep.

hope this helps

alan

Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Do you think the tender chest muscles are a part of acid reflux? I am just wondering. I just want to know how to deal with it and to not panic.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

suzyshop1 HB User

Yes i have acid reflux and when my meds are not working its like im having somekind of attack.When the pain starts to subside my chest feels tender inside like ive been beatup.Take care.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #6
(male)

scott1360 HB User

I can definitely relate with all of you. My main GERD symptom these days (since the Nexium takes care of classic heartburn for the most part) is a sore/irritated chest. It feels like a mix of sore chest from working out and then irritated dry skin feeling but the skin itself is fine.

Doctor says they really dont fully understand the nerves in that area so the irritation inside can be felt on the outside as well. It really bothers me but I guess just having it monitored every couple of years is all I can do. I do find that tylenol helps the pain a bit but I dont want to take it everyday all day!

Anyone found a decent way to ease the sore/tender chest feeling?

Closed Thread