It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
is this h pylori?

hi, im desparatly trying to find out what is wrong with my stomache,my doc is now testing me for h pylori,im now waiting for results but ive read up on it but not sure if i could have this. symptoms are,low back pain,pain up spine,back,chestpains,very bad pain right in the middle of upper abdomen which now has started to radiate alittle to the right,its agony,i geel as if ive been kicked so hard!!! slight heartburn but nothing bad,when it first started i was burping alot but am not now. [ had this for over 2 months] im very nausea at times and have vomited twice in the last few weeks. bending over makes it worse and after eating a meal i feel very full, im constipated alot too.
ive had ultrasound which was clear. even though i cannot feel any lump in my belly when i bend it does feel as if theres something there though,really uncomfortable. i was thinking more on the lines of possible hernia but my doc thinks theres nothing wrong and dont seem to be listening when i tell her each week im feeling worse and im in alot of pain. does this sound like h pylori? any advice will be great thank you xx
ps im 31 yr female x

Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
(female)

nessie01 HB User
Re: is this h pylori?

h pylori can cause ulcers, gastritis which can contribute to gerd.........you could also have gallblader problems as well............i would wait for the test reslults if postitive they treat it with antibiotics and PPI, if negative go to a specilist and get endescope, hida scan for gallbladder etc

oh how are the testing h pylori if its throu a blood test and its postiieve it just means that you have antibodies in your blood that have tried to fight h pylori,..............it dosnt mean that you have it now.................the blood test means that you may have it now or that you may of had it in the past.............you need a stomach biospy to no for sure.............i have to go an do another blood test for h pylori as my first test came back unknown so need to repeat.................if mine comes back postive there is no way im taking the antiobitics until is see a speicilist to make sure that i definalty have it.
ness

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
(male)

jsrfomw HB User

guys one of the problems may be hydrochlorodia, or low stomach acid! Your stomach acid is what kills all the bacteria's and prevent bacteria from overgrowing inside in there! Also the acid in your stomach is what breaks down all the food that you eat and absorves the proteins... I recommend you guys do some more research on stomach acid.... There is no such thing as too much acid in most cases!!! THen why do people feel better when they take a small sip of apple cider viniger... Hope it helps!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #4
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellebeans View Post
hi, im desparatly trying to find out what is wrong with my stomache,my doc is now testing me for h pylori,im now waiting for results but ive read up on it but not sure if i could have this. Symptoms are,low back pain,pain up spine,back,chestpains,very bad pain right in the middle of upper abdomen which now has started to radiate alittle to the right,its agony,i geel as if ive been kicked so hard!!! Slight heartburn but nothing bad,when it first started i was burping alot but am not now. [ had this for over 2 months] im very nausea at times and have vomited twice in the last few weeks. Bending over makes it worse and after eating a meal i feel very full, im constipated alot too.
Ive had ultrasound which was clear. Even though i cannot feel any lump in my belly when i bend it does feel as if theres something there though,really uncomfortable. I was thinking more on the lines of possible hernia but my doc thinks theres nothing wrong and dont seem to be listening when i tell her each week im feeling worse and im in alot of pain. Does this sound like h pylori? Any advice will be great thank you xx
ps im 31 yr female x

good grief..you sound just like me. Your symptoms are almost to the letter like mine. They've done every test on me too. Even checked for ulcers. I've had the colonoscopy, etc. All of them. I never heard the term...h pylori till they did the scope down into my stomach. The doc tested for that...blood work. My symptom you didnt mention you had...was fast weight loss. I was eating a lot to try and stop the weight loss and it just kept coming off. So what happened. My hubby was given probiotics while he was on antibiotics. He only needed it for a few days...so, i took the rest of them. Within 3 days...i felt normal...all the pain was gone..the weight loss stopped. Acid reflux stopped, all of it stopped. The doc really believes its h pylori..so she is redoing the blood work. The blood test can come back with a false negative...and my did come back negative. All i know, i feel better than i have in two years. The pain in my stomach is gone. I also felt like i had a rotten stomach. Like something was rotting in there. And that is a symptom of h pylori. I didnt know any of this...till i read up on h pylori after the doc told me about it. The worse the rotten feeling got...the faster the weight was coming off. But, it took almost two years before i got to that point. When all this first started...i just had the pain on the right side of my stomach and would get nauseated right before a bm .....as time went on....the nausea got worse....the pain got worse...then all the other symptoms started. I was so desperate for relief...i know the docs were trying..but i needed relief. Like i said...within 3 days...i was 100% better.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
(female)

BOBERS47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessie01 View Post
h pylori can cause ulcers, gastritis which can contribute to gerd.........you could also have gallblader problems as well............i would wait for the test reslults if postitive they treat it with antibiotics and ppi, if negative go to a specilist and get endescope, hida scan for gallbladder etc

oh how are the testing h pylori if its throu a blood test and its postiieve it just means that you have antibodies in your blood that have tried to fight h pylori,..............it dosnt mean that you have it now.................the blood test means that you may have it now or that you may of had it in the past.............you need a stomach biospy to no for sure.............i have to go an do another blood test for h pylori as my first test came back unknown so need to repeat.................if mine comes back postive there is no way im taking the antiobitics until is see a speicilist to make sure that i definalty have it.
Ness
i had my gallbladder tested. It was fine. I had the same symptoms she has...the surgeon told me.." those arent the symptoms of a bad gallbladder. He still was going to take it out...because of a small polyp and family history...but, he said..." you just dont have the right symptoms" now that i've been taking the probiotics...and feel better...i'm holding off on the gallbladder surgery.....take probiotics...they cant hurt anything....there is no limit to how much you can take...try it while you're waiting for all the test, etc to come back. If you're taking antibiotics for any reason....be sure and take the probiotics...either from yogurt..or over the counter capsules...i take both.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

I had just had the endoscope on friday and they tested me for h pylori? I wonder if that is what i have going on? I have had heartburn and pain in under my breastbone. All tests have been normal so far. Once treated how soon do you start to feel better? bride527

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

hi,thank you for all your replys.
the doctor sent me for a blood test for this,but im sure i read somewhere that if you have been on antibiotics you should wait 6 wks before test and i finished a course only two weeks ago!
and i have had my gall bladder checked twice so i know that everything there is fine.
can anyone tell me if they get pain around middle of back,like a deep twang of pain or as if someone is pressing real hard with something blunt?
i should have my results by wednesday then ill take it from there.
thanks for all the help x

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

what tests did they do for your gall bladder?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
(female)

katlovesdogs HB User

an Ultrasound and then another more specific scan where they watch the bile move through

Old 02-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

bride527 HB User

Had normal ultrasound. If this last test (h pylori) comes back negative. I guess that scan would be my next option. Don't really think it is my gall bladder though.

Closed Thread