It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Update on what I think

I just went 6 weeks without any reflux, unfortunately it is back. I was put on prescription prilosec which I took before dinner and I was without reflux. I ate what I wanted when I wanted. I gained 15 pounds during that time. Currently my throat is hurting (I think it healed and now it is going through the acid pain once again). I am pretty sure the reason PPI's don't work (at least for me) is due to IBS. When I don't have IBS a PPI if more then enough to prevent me from having reflux, as soon as my stomach went kaput, the reflux started again. I am now exercising more and more, eating some fiber tablets, and drinking alot of water, I am hoping I can fix my stomach and in turn fix my reflux (well make it so a PPI stops the acid). By the way, stress caused my IBS and in turn my reflux. So I am again stress free and waiting for my gut to come around.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Update on what I think

I always look forward to your post as to what you think causes your acid reflux/LPR. Recently, I have been involved with the Madoff and Allen Stanford cases of losing lots of money. I work (or worked) for Allen Stanford so believe me.....I've been under stress. My voice is holding up but my stomach has gone beyond haywire including my IBS. Can't be what I'm eating since I'm not able to eat. That leaves stress. Ain't it a killer.

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: Update on what I think

Hi CharBerry, yes it is. I really believe Stress, whether directly or indirectly is the cause of acid reflux. A friend of mine, you know the type, doesn't worry about a damn thing ever, well he had acid reflux just like mine for about 6 months. For the first time he was really scared due to an upcoming operation, but 6 months later, without any stress at all, his was completely gone, and still is a year later. Anyway, after working out everyday, and taking mega doses of probiotics my stomach seems improved, also my reflux last night wasn't to bad. I'm concentrating on exercise, lots of water and no stress along with my PPI before dinner. I know not going to the bathroom for 4-5 days at a time must cause pressure on the stomach.

Closed Thread