It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 04:10 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
what will a chest xray show

im having a chest xray on saturday for pain im getting on right of my chest,deep in my boob!! ive had numerous stomache probs latley and just wandrered if anyone knows if this x ray will show any part of my stomache or bowl,i undersstand a baruim drink is usualy needed ,im not having that as far as i know. but is there still a chance if i have hernia or tumour it could show up?? thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
(female)

MrsChen HB User
Re: what will a chest xray show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellebeans View Post
im having a chest xray on saturday for pain im getting on right of my chest,deep in my boob!! ive had numerous stomache probs latley and just wandrered if anyone knows if this x ray will show any part of my stomache or bowl,i undersstand a baruim drink is usualy needed ,im not having that as far as i know. but is there still a chance if i have hernia or tumour it could show up?? thanks

Hi
Chest x-rays dont show to much, you need an MRI for possible tumor, and
an endoscopy test will show if you have a Hernia. Also get a Mamogram to check your right breast.
(My doctors gave me a chest x-ray for rib and chest pain, nothing showed up
21 months later I had an MRI and there where 9 findings I had
Costochodritis which caused chest Pain)
If your doctors are not willing to get this test for you switch doctors, I had same problems. I had a hital hernia. and showed up on the endoscopy test.

Best of luck to you
and take care
Paula

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User

thank you for reply,just waiting for x ray results,doctor called hospital to hurry them up but am still waiting!! my doc wasnt worried about my pain i dont think!! he could see i was worried and thats why he sent me for the x ray. im waiting for a gastro app where i will prob get an endoscopy but even though its an urgent app its still 6 wks waiting!! im so nauseas ive lost a stone in 3 wks cause i cannot eat!!! ive pain all in my tummy,last wk i had to go to the ER and on call doc twice and all i get is pain injections!!!
getting really fed up with this now!! x

Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
(female)

MrsChen HB User

Hi, I was just reading that you pasted a stone you could possibly have gallstones, that causes pain on the right side, and that would make your tummy hurt, and that would make you nauses and feel not well at all.
If you have a hital hernia it would be right in the way upper part of your stomache below your breast bone,
and the good news is that Cancer does not hurt there is no pain to cancer
my husband just had thyroid cancer the doctor asked him it hurt, it was swollen he said no and they biopsied right away.
if you go back to your doctor before endoscopy test have him push down on your
pancreas if alot of pain when he pushes down you have gallstones.
my doctor told me everything is acid reflux.

try to eat small meals, and nothing greasy if its gallstones, or hernia, also the rolaids
the new chews work well, and try not to get stressed.

Feel Better..
Paula

Old 03-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
(female)

123johnchin HB User

I have had similar symptoms. I have been diagnosed with a 1mm polyp in my gal bladder but for the past 3 weeks Ive been feeling crap, Im anxious, I have pain under my ribs and a throbbing left breast and constant pain on my spine. It feels as though someone is constantly poking it from the inside out. Im scared, and Ive been put on maxilon for nausia, Ive ben given nexium that i havnt tried yet for reflux and Ive had spine xrays that havnt showed up anything, blood tests the same. Normal. Im scared that something else is wrong but the doctor insists its just reflux. what if theyre wrong? Ive lost a lot of weight and I cant eat many foods like I used to. My throut feels tight and uncomfortable too, but all 3 doctors ive been to say the same thing. I still feel scared no matter how much they assure me thats what it is, what if they have missed something. im so worried

Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #6
(female)

MrsChen HB User

Hello 123johnchin,

sorry to hear your feeling so crappy, I had gallstones and my doctor kept telling me
you have acid reflux, and finally I saw another doctor that told me I needed by gallbladder removed..it sounds like gallstones. I had all the symtoms you have.
have your doctor to press down on your pancreass and if you almost jump off the table its your gallbladder...
best of luck to you
and hope you feel better soon.
MrsChen

Closed Thread