It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

LetaRae HB User
blocked bile duct

Surgery was not an option for 87 yr old mother with heart problems. Couldn't drain the gallbladder due to low platelet count and acute infection from gallstones. Antibiotics did not change anything. Her stats yesterday dropped to 108/40. Care center making her

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
Re: blocked bile duct

I dont think this finished but they absolutely need to do something. They cant let her die from gallstones. If they arent able to get any medications to work then they need to be doing laproscopic surgery on her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

They can perform an ERCP on her. It's like an endosocopy but only the instrument has small scissors at the end. They cut open the bile ducts and let they drain. Good luck

Old 03-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #4
(female)

LetaRae HB User

Thank you for your reply. Mother passed away 3/1st after several days in the hospital and several in a care center. She was transferred when the hospital said there wasn't anything more they could do for her. We were told they couldn't do any procedure until they managed the infection and nothing was helping. They couldn't do a blood transfusion because her system was compremised with staff infection (MRSA). I haven't seen the death certificate yet, and yes, we are upset as to what really happened.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

I'm sorry for your loss

Old 03-05-2009, 01:26 AM   #6
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User

Im very sorry for your loss....I'd be curious to know what the hospital has to say about letting her go like that...In my opinion it could have been prevented. Im sorry.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #7
(female)

LetaRae HB User

Thank you for your note. I agree, everyone is telling me her situation doesn't make sense. I hope to sit down with her doctor but I don't think I'd get the information I need. I am going to see if I can have a copy of her medical records (I have legal Power of Attorney on her health care). THank you again,.

Closed Thread