It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
CONSTANT Acid Reflux

I am experiencing CONSTANT acid reflux and this has been going on for the past two weeks. It was controlled before by taking aciphex and/or Zantac. I was switched to Omeprazole and still taking the Zantac and now I CONSTANTLY have a feeling like something is stuck in my chest and feel almost like there is a hair sticking to the back of my throat. I am burping a lot too, to try to get the feeling out of my chest. I can barely eat because of this feeling too, it gets worse when I eat. I was given a different medication (Sucralfate) by the ER because the others weren't working and I was beginning to have burning in my stomach after eating ANYTHING. I feel like CRAP, feel like I cant eat and the acid reflux is there constantly.

I saw an ENT guy today who put the scope down my nose and throat and said everything in there looked good except for my adenoids are still there and they usually disappear with adulthood. He is having me do a barium swallow on Wednesday morning but I was hoping to find someone who has experienced this. I literally cant eat because of this feeling in my chest. Its also causing my heartrate to be increased and anxious feelings. Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
(female)

precious49 HB User
Re: CONSTANT Acid Reflux

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlindquist83 View Post
I am experiencing CONSTANT acid reflux and this has been going on for the past two weeks. It was controlled before by taking aciphex and/or Zantac. I was switched to Omeprazole and still taking the Zantac and now I CONSTANTLY have a feeling like something is stuck in my chest and feel almost like there is a hair sticking to the back of my throat. I am burping a lot too, to try to get the feeling out of my chest. I can barely eat because of this feeling too, it gets worse when I eat. I was given a different medication (Sucralfate) by the ER because the others weren't working and I was beginning to have burning in my stomach after eating ANYTHING. I feel like CRAP, feel like I cant eat and the acid reflux is there constantly.

I saw an ENT guy today who put the scope down my nose and throat and said everything in there looked good except for my adenoids are still there and they usually disappear with adulthood. He is having me do a barium swallow on Wednesday morning but I was hoping to find someone who has experienced this. I literally cant eat because of this feeling in my chest. Its also causing my heartrate to be increased and anxious feelings. Thanks
i would get back on the aciphex. thats what i have taken for years and i have no problems with reflux. was there a reason for the change to omeprazole? precious49 god bless you and yours today and everyday

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User

I honestly dont think its acid reflux alone anymore, I feel SO sick, I cant eat and last night was the worst stomach pain i've ever had.

Last edited by dlindquist83; 03-03-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
(female)

Elisa123 HB User

Dlind,

I know your pain! That has been my life for the past 3 years now, every single day. NOTHING helps - stomach is constantly burning and everything I eat comes back up, no matter what it is. I have been suffering with this everyday for 3 years now. It is complete hell, and from my experience it does not go away on its own. Acid meds seem to make it worse. I had the nissen done last year and it helped not a bit. I can't take much more of this torture, and I am out of ideas or options to cure this. Sorry u are suffering but you are not alone

-Lisa

Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

I had TERRIBLE acid reflux a number of years ago and was taking a medicine twice a day, which only worked for a short time. got on the internet and found Digestinol and it has done wonders. It is all natural and is made up of strong aloe vera. You may want to look it up and read the testimonials. Good luck. I only take a prescribed pill once in a blue moon. When your stomach is bothering you, you don't feel like going near food!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #6
(female)

precious49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa123 View Post
Dlind,

I know your pain! That has been my life for the past 3 years now, every single day. NOTHING helps - stomach is constantly burning and everything I eat comes back up, no matter what it is. I have been suffering with this everyday for 3 years now. It is complete hell, and from my experience it does not go away on its own. Acid meds seem to make it worse. I had the nissen done last year and it helped not a bit. I can't take much more of this torture, and I am out of ideas or options to cure this. Sorry u are suffering but you are not alone

-Lisa
lisa,
i'm so concerned about you. please write me. i truly care about you. i just think that something needs to be done to help you.
precious 49 god bless you and yours today and everyday

Old 03-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #7
(female)

Elisa123 HB User

Precious,

It's really no use anymore. No one can help me. I have been everywhere and tried everything. I have exhausted all my money and all my resources. I have lived with constant reflux all day everyday for over 3 years now. I live in torture everyday of my life. Sometimes I am so sick from the reflux I feel as though I am going to pass out. I have spent thousands of dollards on natural treatments, pills, concoctions, you name it i have tried it. I pray everynight either God would heal me or just put me out of my misery, I'll take either one at this point. I can't even begin to fathom how anyone can just live with this torment everyday for years, and no one can help. I am so sad, deeply discouraged, and many times i just feel like giving up, because I don't see any way this can be helped. Thanks for caring, but there really isnt much anyone can do.

-Lisa

Old 03-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I am sorry you are still suffering Lisa. I do pray right now that God will heal you!!! This is such a rough thing to deal with. I thought I had mine under control and I think I did for about a month. Then I slipped off the wagon and have eaten terriable for a month. I was so hungry for yummy food. Of course it's all wrong for acid reflux. To make matter worse I had coffee 4 days in a row. Now I have so much mucus and coughing going on. I feel like I can't get a full breath. I have to keep clearing my throat. I have been burping and hiccuping and all that starts going on when it's irritated in there again. It's like I have to start all over again. Alot of these things can be controlled with a really strict diet. But I have to have Tums and meds too when it gets out of hand like this. I have had so many tests run and it seems to be silent reflux. They can't find anything, even with the scope. But this is all very real.
Hang in there everyone. And my advice is watch your diet. Don't cheat like I did.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:10 AM   #9
(female)

precious49 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisa123 View Post
Precious,

It's really no use anymore. No one can help me. I have been everywhere and tried everything. I have exhausted all my money and all my resources. I have lived with constant reflux all day everyday for over 3 years now. I live in torture everyday of my life. Sometimes I am so sick from the reflux I feel as though I am going to pass out. I have spent thousands of dollards on natural treatments, pills, concoctions, you name it i have tried it. I pray everynight either God would heal me or just put me out of my misery, I'll take either one at this point. I can't even begin to fathom how anyone can just live with this torment everyday for years, and no one can help. I am so sad, deeply discouraged, and many times i just feel like giving up, because I don't see any way this can be helped. Thanks for caring, but there really isnt much anyone can do.

-Lisa
Hi Lisa,
Thanks for writing me. I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad all the time. I just wish there was something that I could do for you. I will continue to pray that God will intervene, do a miracle and heal you. Please don't give up. I know how that feels though. I have a chronic illness that Drs. can't figure out. I've had it since 1980 and still no diagnosis. I get very frustrated as I'm sure that you do. I do want to give up as I'm sure that you do. But God has a purpose for both of our lives--sometimes I wonder what it is--but I know that He's in control so I have to carry on and do my best to glorify Him even when I don't feel like it.
Do you have any idea as to what started all of this? Does anything give you relief? It just breaks my heart that you're suffering so much.
I just pray right now that God will do a perfect healing in your body and that He will help you. I know that He can. I pray that you'll have a good day and that the Lord will fill your heart with His Love.
precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

Closed Thread