It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #1
(female)

rtnjhill04 HB User
Reflux, PVC's and SVT

Good morning everyone. Here is my story. I have had PVC's for about 5 years and have had Reflux. One time 2 years ago I bent over and my heart skipped 4 times and then started beating 250 bpm, which was confirmed on the ambulance. Dr. told me too much caffiene. The PVC's continue. The past few months my reflux has been worse, but now my stomach swells right under my chest when I eat anything. No matter how small or large a meal. I constantly burp, my food comes back up 9 or 10 hours later. I get so swollen I look pregnant. Well 2 years after the SVT attack, this past Saturday, I bent over and there went myheart again, over 200 bpm. Ended up in the hospital for 3 days. Stress test was normal. Was told my heart is very strong. Told me I am having SVT. I asked my cardiologist if the stomach swelling and reflux could have anything to do with my heart acting that way. He told me it could very well be related because when my stomach swells it is putting pressure under my heart. What I am wondering is how many other people have this and what can I do? I have to go to my doctor Monday, but I am trying to find some relief until I get there. If anyone can give me any answers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
(male)

fishertimm HB User
Re: Reflux, PVC's and SVT

I get palpatations also, and my Dr. (after doing all kinds of tests on my heart which ended up normal), said it was likely caused by the vagus nerve. This nerve is around your esophagus and reflux can stimulate it and cause palpatations. Not sure if it can do whats happening to you, but something you could ask your Dr. about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

yes, when my reflux acts up I get SVTs as well. I had a really bad period the other year of constent heartburn and was getting the palpatations regularly. My doctor did an EKG, ultrasound and also a 24-hour heart monitor on my to get the proper diagnosis of the palpatations to make sure they weren't dangerous (they aren't). I did research on it and one thing is that the Vagus nerve goes from the stomach to the heart and if pressed wrong (to include pressure from the stomach) it can set off the palpatations. So as long as you get the ok your heart is fine, it's really just a neusance than anything dangerous.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
(male)

builderboy HB User

Did you ever find out why when you bend over you get svt's. I have the exact same problem. My stomach bloats like crazy and if I bend over my heart will take off to 250 bpm. I hate it...I can tell that when I feel bloated I better be very careful on my movements(bending over or running or climbing stairs)...Why doesn't any Doctors know about this.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
(male)

builderboy HB User

Did you get any answers on the bloated stomach and svt?

Closed Thread