It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

throatissues HB User
Camera in nose and down throat: Questions

Can someone tell me step by step how the ENT does this? I am scheduled for this at the end of the month. Not even sure what the proper name of the procedure is.

Will I be able to see what he sees on a screen or something?

Can I eat before? Does it hurt? Will I feel any discomfort? Will it hurt after it is done? Anything I should know?

Thanks!

Last edited by throatissues; 03-06-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

AlisaBeth HB User
Re: Camera in nose and down throat: Questions

Hi..I had that done a few weeks ago. My Dr. spray numbing medicine in both nostrils. He waited for it to numb and then ask me which nostril I could breath better out of. He ran the tube down that nostril...My husband said it was about 12" long. It was a really quick procedure. I say he looked for about 10 seconds and was done. It was more uncomfortable pulling to tube out then going in. I didn't get to see anything on a screen..but I know some Dr.s do have that set up.

I had no idea when I went for my check up that he was going to do that procedure..so No, you don't have to prep for it or anything. I must say, that I had a ear-ache that night and I've never had a ear-ache in my adult years. Hope this helps. It's really not bad at all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Camera in nose and down throat: Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by throatissues View Post
Can someone tell me step by step how the ENT does this? I am scheduled for this at the end of the month. Not even sure what the proper name of the procedure is.

Will I be able to see what he sees on a screen or something?

Can I eat before? Does it hurt? Will I feel any discomfort? Will it hurt after it is done? Anything I should know?

Thanks!
The procedure is called an Endoscopy. I have had 3 of them. One with no meds, 2 with numbing and a sedative. They will probably give you a sedative, it is uncomfortable without a sedative, but did not hurt.
Usually they will tell you not to eat before having it, but not always. My first one was like AlisaBeth, I did not know I was going to have it.

Sunny

Closed Thread