It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

Thunderduck HB User
What makes it worse for you?

I've been told I may have cough variant asthma and/or reflux.

I've had asthma like symptoms for a few days now, have been to hospital, but since last night for the first time I've had reflux like symptoms, upper abdominal pain, burping and a rumbling/gurgling sensation.

I'm a bit confused about it though as last night I was more comfortable propped up, today if I'm lying down it hurts less, I took opramazole and it seemed to make it worse. Eating doesn't seem to affect it, at least not so far.

I'd appreciate hearing from others about what things make their symptoms worse,and what positions and foods ease it.

TIA.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: What makes it worse for you?

Sorry you are feeling bad Thunderduck! I have been dealing with this on and off for awhile now. My symptoms are back full force again. Just when I thought I had this thing under control. Mine is silent reflux. But I don't think there is anything silent about it. I have mucus in my throat, post nasal drip and a cough...it makes me feel like my throat is closing up. The throat is producing mucus to protect it from the acid that is creeping up. My stomach usually doesn't feel too bad but apparently acid reflux is going on. I feel all the symptoms up in my throat. I do get panicky about it.

So I do have a wedge pillow that I prop myself up at night. I can tell it is going on when I was in the night with some acid creeping up plus I have been belching alot. Now I have to totally redo my diet completely. No more cheating!

You may need to watch what you eat. That will help things the most. I know because I did that for 6 weeks and it cleared up. Now I have cheated with mocha's, spicy dishes and chocolate etc...because I missed it so much and I am back where I started. I am so angry with myself. I just over did it.

Asthma like symptoms are definately a part of silent reflux. I thought I was going to go to the hospital too when I got this. I borrowed one of my step kids inhalers because I thought I was having asthma. But it really was reflux making my throat feel thick and swollen. Its like a mucus plug. I get some burning in my sternum area now when it's real bad.

Do you think you have silent reflux? If so you may want to eat real bland. I drink plenty of water and cut out the grease etc...

Hang in there! Good luck! There are so many of us who have this.

Last edited by TEdds83; 03-07-2009 at 04:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread