It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

dewing HB User
Have had GORD for a number of years now

I have suffered from gastric reflux for a number of years now and i take Omeprazole from time to time when it gets bad. I am 46 and am obese but trying to lose weight as i know that the symptoms will ease for me if i do. It can be unpleasant but i have learnt to live with it but the worst part is when i wake up in the mornings and i get a terrible pain in my upper back which only seems to get better when i'm up and about. I've been tested for the hylori bacteria (the one which gives you a stomach ulcer) but luckily it tested negative. It does concern me that having this can cause problems over time and become serious (i sincerely hope not). I'm not really that careful about what i eat and drink, i still enjoy a curry and a glass of wine.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: Have had GORD for a number of years now

I'm overweight too and losing is hard at my age now. When I got GERD/LPR and others, over 10 yrs ago, I wasn't that overweight and lost 50 lbs to where I was skin and bones. Still sicker than ever. I'm not good about my diet, which I know would probably help (maybe) and have stopped PPI's since they stopped. I'm never sure if aches & pains are due to GERD or getting older. My main problem now is upper resp problems caused by the GERD but I do have pain around my back some. Good Luck.

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread