It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

Gijill91 HB User
Diet changes? Success?

Anyone find success with alkaline diet or candida diet? Or some other diet change?

I have looked casually at some of the anti-heartburn--cure it natural books, which all seem to blame GERD/reflux on candida or a PH imbalance. I'm contemplating trying one of these extreme diets to see if it will help. My diet really wasn't all that bad before, quite frankly, and I am not overweight. My reflux kicked in one day after extreme stress and some wine and a few bad habits like laying down after dinner. Now, I've given up alcohol and all the other "acid" offender foods, changed my "habits", and am trying to manage stress but find that nothing makes a difference and my reflux seems to be getting worse as the months go by. I'm intrigued by the candida diet--even though my dr said I do not have candida overgrowth. I really want to get off these acid reducers, which I feel wreaks havoc on my system, and do not want to take them long-term. Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

DMBF HB User
Re: Diet changes? Success?

I feel exactly the same. I would love to get off all the meds I take, but am somewhat fearful of the damage I may cause my esophagus in the short/long term. Reading all I do here, I do believe that the drugs are not a cure and that they can have unwanted side effects. I have not tried anything extreme, but I have tried some of the alternative treatments with some success. There is lots of info on here about all of these, even in the last few days! Read on!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread