It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
(male)

titchhh HB User
Apple Cider Vinegar

I just wanted to share my story so far, just incase other people have the same symptoms, etc.

I've had Acid Reflux for around 2 years now, I've never had heartburn ever, but i've had all the symptoms of my stomach burning and my throat really burning, I also had the whole "Stomach gurgling" and a lot of "gas" stuck inside my stomach that even when i managed to let out a burp it relieved the pain for 10-15 second before coming back.

I finally decided to give up my medication because it wasn't working (worked for around 3 months before it didn't work any more) and try out some of these home made remedies, I picked up a bottle of "Cider Vinegar" from my local store and put two teaspoons of cider vinegar into 0.2L (8 oz) of water, sipping the drink over a period of 6 hours (one in the morning, one in the middle of the day time)

Also, having green tea after food to help digest and clear out anything bad helped too, I'm now in my second day of doing this and i feel absolutely AMAZING, I still have reflux but because of the cider vinegar, it's not causing much pain any more, I suggest trying this method out and see if it works for you.

Also, i suffer with Anxiety and making my self believe that this method actually works is removing my anxiety about never being able to get rid of my reflux.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
(female)

peggster HB User
Smile Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

Thanks for sharing the info and success! I hope it cont's for you & I plan to give it a try too.

I have just recently discovered I have a problem with LPR (not diagnosed yet, my own research). I DON'T HAVE HEARTBURN, just had occasional irritated throat & crackling voice....figured it was allergies/pollens. In the last few weeks, suddenly I developed occasional tummy burning & my throat got really bad!!! In a matter of days I got restriction when I swallowed as well. I plan to have it checked out now as I was shocked how bad & sudden it was. I don't wish it on anyone. I really don't like taking meds but when I felt the restriction I felt I didn't have a choice & had to do something...especially reading about the esophagus problems that could develop. I have been taking Prilosec OTC, however 1 was not enough & I am taking one in the am (try to do w/o sometimes as my problem is worse during the night) and 2 at night (a friend's mother has recently gone thru the same problems & between her & what I have learned on these forums, etc I knew this was an ok dose to do). I will try your recommendations as well. I will say I think it's important to use digestive enzymes when you eat as the meds reduce the acids needed for digestion. Hope your program cont's to work well & thanks again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
(female)

hunjiman HB User
Re: Apple Cider Vinegar

My cousin suffered from acid reflux and has been taking acv for two years with great success. She takes a product made by Body Ami.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
(male)

statistic101 HB User

been taking apple cider vinegar for the last few days. my symptoms have seemingly got worse (have a constant burning sensation at the back of my throat). going to give it a few more days before i call the remedy a dud (for me).

Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
(female)

hunjiman HB User

Titchhh - thanks for sharing your results. I took the liberty of mentioning your results with several others. Keep it up!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

hunjiman HB User

Make sure that you dilute it properly. 1 to 2 tablespoons in an 8oz glass of water.

Closed Thread