It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
LPR Mechanical Problem?

I agree with those that say reflux is basically a mechanical problem and no meds is going to cure you. All they do (if you're lucky) is reduce the acid thus reducing the symptoms. I have been told with LPR that the problem is with the upper sphincter. Has anyone ever been told how to fix that one? You would think having surgery for the lower valve would stop all symptoms yet I've heard of so many saying surgery didn't help with LPR. My voice is shot to H___ again since I was feeling ok and wanted to enjoy the spring weather planting flowers. It hurts to even try to talk and I feel like I will run out of breath before finishing a sentence. Does anyone else get this way just by keeping their heads down for period of time? This is how bad my LPR is not counting the bending and lifting I do while working in the yard. It's sad not to be able to enjoy things I once did knowing I will pay dearly for it.

CharBerry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: LPR Mechanical Problem?

CharBerry,
You know my story. I feel for you....really. One of my worst episodes of symptoms appeared several years ago when I spent a weekend laying bricks in a backyard. I belched and refluxed every single time I bent down. It was really bad. Not only was it embarrassing, but I was just miserable. It turned what could have been a really rewarding project into something that I will never forget... for all the wrong reasons. Ever since, I avoided doing projects like that. Had to leave them to others.

I've had no breathing and coughing problems since the surgery. (Just a bit of asthma related to a sinus infection.) I'd say that it worked for me. I was never officially diagnosed as having LPR, but the nonstop coughing certainly felt like it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User
Re: LPR Mechanical Problem?

Guess what else I did while working in my back yard.....put a brick edging around a flagstone path! I've had horrible PND, feelings of being choked, cough and stayed in bed all day from being worn out by all of this. Why won't my test show reflux? I know that's the problem. Doesn't much matter now since I have to wait to get on my husband's insurance. You would think I'd give up by now.

Char

Closed Thread