It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
(female)

hersheys1228 HB User
Unhappy Please help i want to get rid of this

I WAS DIAGONOSED WITH GERD 2 YEARS AGO AND WELL THE DOC SENT ME ZANTAC, IT HELPED AND THE REFLUX WENT AWAY. NOW ITS BACK AND BOTHERING SOO MUCH, I HAVE BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 2 WEEKS NOW. I HAVE A LOT OF SALIVA AND MY STOMACH BURNS AT TIMES. IT FIRST STARED WITH BLOATING AND NOW THE REFLUX IS BOTHERING MEE. I JUST STARTED ZANTAC AGAIN BUT I AM ALSO DRINKING NATURAL REMEDIES BUT I WANT IT TO GO AWAY. WHEN I WAS 17 I WAS TOLD I HAD GASTRITIS BUT THESE SYMPTOMS COME AND GO AND NOW THERE BACK. I DONT KNOW IF MY SORE THROAT HAS TO DO WITH THIS BUT I NEED SOME FEED BACK. I AM GOING O THE DOCTOR BUT IT ANNOYS ME THAT THEY ONLY SEND ME MEDICATION AND THE ONLY TEST I HAVE HAD DONE IS A BLOOD TEST. PLEASE HELP. I'M 21 YEARS OLD

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
(female)

Aryana70 HB User
Re: Please help i want to get rid of this

I am sorry that you are suffering so much. I have to say though the fact that your reflux went away 2 years ago by just zantac is a good sign. YOu should try and see your doctor, meanwhile have you tried any gaviscon advance, it helps with the heartburn, it won't cure it but will provide relief from heartburn. Also have you tried zantac again? If that doesn't help you the doctor will most probably perscribe losec, you can buy it without perscription.
The burning in the throat can be due to acid. Don't drink alcohol, if you are a heavy coffee drinker limit it to 1 a day, and don't have any spicy or fried food, or soda.
Hope you feel better, I know how it feels, I have been suffering constantly for 2years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread