It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
(male)

lpriffic HB User
Thumbs down I'm Back

Hello All,

I haven't been here for many months now as I finally was able to eradicate most of the horrible symptoms associated with LPR. Things were good and life was great up until about a week ago. I have been under constant stress for the past week, and wouldn't you know...guess what's back. It's a mild form of what it used to be, but it sucks. This is pretty much an echo of what neddyflanders always says about stress, but it couldn't be more true.

It's all a violent, vicious cycle. We get stressed, and we often don't exercise or eat as well as we should. This only exacerbates the problem, making us feel worse. When we don't feel good, we don't want to exercise, and thus we tend to put on some abdominal weight, which again exacerbates the symptoms. The answer has to be to stop the stress (and, of course, then get back to exercising and eating right)!

If anyone has any tips on how to do so when looking for a job, I'm open to suggestions.

Regards,

Jeremy

Old 04-16-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

neddyflanders HB User
Re: I'm Back

Hello, I could have written your post. The same thing happens to me identically. Right now I'm in one of those not to bad phases. Of course now that I'm feeling much better I'm eating like a madman, I've already gained 15 pounds. When stress strikes me again I'll be back to square one. Never ending cycle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: I'm Back

Me to guys! I had a bad spell from Christmas to Jan and I changed my diet, lost 10 pounds and got the reflux under control. Then I got overly confident about that and started eating anything in sight, got out of control, I am stressed out about finding another job too and other stuff and now I gained like 6 pounds back and the reflux is back. Ugh! Vicious cycle! Hang in there guys! I am right there with ya!

Closed Thread