It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

Forensicmom HB User
I'm feeling better with NO medicine

I have been struggling with stomach issues for a few years. They said it was my gallbladder and they took it out 2 years ago. That didn't solve the problem so they tried a few more things. After several tests, including an upper endoscopy, the dr said I had GERD. I have tried almost all of the prescriptions and OTC meds for this and NONE did anything. So I started looking at my diet more. Between the dr and the natural store, I was told to avoid all dairy, all wheat, acidic foods, fatty foods, red meat and all sugars. I was left with basically nothing. So I've been barely eating anything for about 3 months and couldn't figure out why I was getting worse and losing so much weight. I'm barely 104lbs at 5'3, and 39 years old with 4 children. So I started keeping track of my diet and vitamins/minerals. I did it for about a month and took my results (an average daily nutrtional log) to my gastro dr last week. She commented on how much easier I made her job. She said I'm barely getting 1100-1200 calories a day, only 1/4 of the fiber and maybe 1/2 of the protein. She told me to start eating more, including the wheat, sugars, meat, and low fat dairy. I'm still drinking about 8oz of aloe vera juice a day and trying to go overboard with the wrong foods but I have to say that I feel so much better.

I never even imagined that trying to avoid the bad foods was making me even more sick.

I just wanted to pass along my story.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-19-2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s) - please read the posting rules

The Following User Says Thank You to Forensicmom For This Useful Post:
Sweetlife12 (01-22-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
(female)

alexis760 HB User
Re: I'm feeling better with NO medicine

so you are taking no medicines? just the aloe vera juice? My husband suffers from severe acid reflux, it hospitailizes him, and we are at our wits end. he went to the hospital on saturday & he is on his way now. He took Protonix and takes pain meds.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
(female)

RobinW HB User

Have your husband drink aloe vera juice it works wonders, that medication like protonix and all the rest of the acid reflux medication is what is making him sick, trust me I tried them all and they all were making me sick and I did't even know it until I stopped taking them and started praying and drinking the aloe vera. That other stuff just making the pharmacy companies and doctors rich.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
(male)

marky1956 HB User

How much juice do you drink per day? 4-oz... 8-oz? Do you mix it with anything?
I just re-newed my Rx for Nexium, but I may want to try this route instead.
Thanks

Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Prosp HB User

Wholefruit mangosteen juice works really well for acid reflux.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
(female)

Lynzley HB User

I had acid reflux for a few months before i realized what it was. The doctor told me to take prilosec everyday for the rest of my life. I found it a little absurd, but have been doing it everyday. I found that when my acid reflux does hit, it's usually because of mexican food or greasy foods. I found that not only does prilosec make it better, but also working out. For some reason it just gets better.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
(female)

bilybowl HB User

I took protonix for around 3 months and it gave me servere stomach pains. So, about a mouth ago, after talking to my PCP, I changed back to prilosec otc and I no longer have the stomach pains. I just wish that a doctor would have told me to try this.

Aloa vera juice, I'll try this, too.

Closed Thread