It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jellebeans HB User
dysmotility???

hi,im just wandering which symptoms people get with dysmotility,and what sort of pain it causes and if it can cause back pains and chest pains x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

Mitch5 HB User
Re: dysmotility???

I have a post on this over on the Digestive board that describes my esophageal dysmotility that I have had for one year now. I am getting nausea as well which is why I am wondering if the nausea is caused by the dysmotility too.

Basically I have a hypotensive esophagus, which means in the distal esophagus, the lower end, where it connects with the stomach, foods and liquid kind of linger there for longer than normal since my muscular contractions are not strong enough I assume, or uncoordinated. It was found on a barium UGI and it was only when I was laying down. Gastro doc said it's due to longstanding GERD.

As for symptoms... difficulty swallowing, number 1. Sometimes I feel as if I am choking but I'm not, it's just a sensation. I have a bloated fullness going on as well. Food can stick a bit. I never choke and things never get lodged, it just takes longer for my esophagus to clear food and liquids. Foods, especially. I don't have chest pains really, I assume other motor disorders would likely cause that more such as achalasia or a hypertensive esophagus where the esophagus is moving more rapidly in an uncoordinated manner. Mine is just moving more slowly. I do have a bit of chest discomfort but nothing I'd consider chest pain, more like an ache. It's horribly annoying for sure.

You should check out my post on this over on the Digestive Board as well. I would love to hear from people that have the same thing.

Last edited by Mitch5; 04-20-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread