It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

dlindquist83 HB User
I've had bad symptoms since January

Well as you have probably seen my past posts I've had severe symptoms since January that drs have thought was my gall bladder, thyroid, heart and many other things. I had about 13,000.00 in testing and nothing still. The ONLY thing I havent been tested for I think is causing the problem and I wanted to see what others thought about that.

I have heart palpatations almost constantly, racing heart when I dont take my beta blockers, shortness or breath, pain in chest, shoulders and in back between shoulder blades. I was beginning to think it was my heart but I am only 26 years old and have had countless EKGs and xrays/cts to look and it looks good. Anyways normally at night when I lay down my pain/palpatations magnify like you wouldnt believe.

Last night however I decided on top of my daily aciphex medication I would take 2 tablespoons of maalox. I started to feel better about 20 minutes after taking it and slept all night for once. I woke up about an hour ago and still felt the palpatations at a minimum and had no pain. Could this seriously be the culprit for my scares and constant worry that something was wrong with my heart for months?? What could be causing the GERD symptoms? I've had a barrium swallow that showed normal.

Anyways I thought that was a strange thing that was happening since I havent had a regular night in months. What do you think?

Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #2
(male)

Beeb HB User
Re: I've had bad symptoms since January

Acid can be irritating your vegas nerve causing your palpitations and racing heart. Palpitations, although scary, are not typically of concern to Doctors once heart trouble has been ruled out. Depending on the day (or more specifically the condition of my stomach), i will experience palpitations, SOB, and faster heartrate. I do exercise and dont typically experience any worsening of symptoms which is what i hold on to for reassurance regarding my heart (i have had many tests to rule out heart too). Try looking into the condition IST (inappropriate sinus tachycardia) and see how that may match. Did you have an upper GI scoping?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread