It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acid Reflux / GERD Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
Dilema: Do I need to see a doctor immediately?

I want to see a physician who is one of the best in the area for my condition, but I have to wait until May 12th.

Someone else is available on April 29th (this Wednesay).

I have gastritis and LPR.

My symptoms are loss of appetite, constipation, and extreme fatigue.

Should I see someone as soon as possible or can I wait until the 12th?

I hear some people have these symptoms chronically so I am not sure how urgent my situation is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
(male)

Beeb HB User
Re: Dilema: Do I need to see a doctor immediately?

Little over 2 weeks, if it were truly the best and i felt i could wait, I would wait. But only you know how bad you really feel. If you feel your condition is urgent and cant wait, go see the guy this week. What is going to probably happen is a blood test and maybe schedule for an upper endoscopy. The benefit of going this week is getting any testing appointment sooner, less delaying. Waiting possibly allows you to feel more confident in the care and decisions your doctor makes because he is the best.

Last edited by Beeb; 04-27-2009 at 01:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Loss of appetite, constipation and fatigue are rarely signs of a really urgent condition. If I were you, I'd probably wait a couple weeks to see the better doctor.

Now, if the wait was months, I might have something else to say.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
(female)

alfalfa820 HB User
Exclamation Re: Dilema: Do I need to see a doctor immediately?

The last two or three weeks, started a week before my period I started to blot and have been so constipated. I have been taking laxatives and Stool Softener, but I find it's not doing much....Especially if I don't take more than what's recommended.....
Any Suggestions? I'm suppose to see my doctor on thursday after a two week notice, but what should I be asking him and if he doesn't suggest it what tests / meds may help?

Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
(female)

schatzi891 HB User

Drinks lots of water...that will cause bowel movements and squeeze a lemon wedge in the water...that helps with acid reflux.

Constipation can also be a sign of hypothyroidism. I'd bring it up when you see your Doctor.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
(female)

Em55 HB User

I too have a lot of those same symptoms. I have to consitantly take stool softeners. The laxatives they put me on did not do a thing. It is very painful, not to go but while it is moving throught my body. I feel it moving and most of the time it is quite painful. Makes me not want to go.

I also am very tired, sluggish, fatigue. I am only 15 so this shouldnt be.
I should have some of my most recent blood work and ultrasound tomorrow.
I do believe my doctor checked my thyroid. I just looked it up and i wouldnt be surprised if it was that.

Closed Thread